Master Member
From Empire Magazine Online -

Two Alien Prequels On the Way?
Ridley Scott says yes
Source: Collider
41256.jpg
point.gif

point.gif
Everyone's been using the Robin Hood press junkets as an opportunity to ask Ridley Scott about the Alien prequel. We've already reported most of the details, via MTV, but it turns out there's a bit more, which Collider unearthed as they grabbed Sir Ridders on his way past. And it's not insignificant. In short, two films.
Yup. "It'll be two," says Ridley. "Prequel one and two, then Alien 1." Asked if he'll be filming them back to back, his response was, "At the moment I'm just trying to get the first one out."
Whether this actually happens, of course, remains to be seen. It's also far from certain that Scott would direct both. Perhaps, for example, he might take a producer role on the second and hand the reigns over to Carl Erik Rinsch, as was originally the intention for Prequel 1.
All wild speculation at the moment, but head over to Collider for the rest of the interview, where Scott also talks about the hassle of shooting in 3D (3D doesn't like the dark, so he's going to have to shoot Alien 5 in dazzling brightness and then darken it in post-production). The screenplay is into its fourth draft, and release is planned for late 2011 or 2012.
Whaddaya think? Massive excitement or Alien overkill?
Owen Williams

2 movies helmed by Ridley...Hell Yeah.

I'll let the movie speak for itself when it comes out, or they comeout. I'm absolutely interested. I'm not at all pleased to hear yet again, about a film maker being forced to turn his project into a 3-D movie. It's a stupid gimmick to get an extra 4+ bucks per ticket out of theatre goers. Even that is OK with me as long as the film maker is into it. But, when it is something that they have to do, and then screws up their plans for the movie just so they can force some crap to hop off the screen, not cool. And when they make dumb shots with weapons shooting at the camera or have a random asteroid fly at the audience for the sole purpose of showing the studio that they used the 3-D features to full effect justifying the extra production costs, that burns me up.

"Hey, you think you can make someone throw a spear towards the camera so the audience jumps like they did in Friday the 13th 3-D?" "Diiiiieeeeeee"

P.S. This should probably be in the other Alien Prequel thread.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back