Batman Begins DEMON Work In Progress..

That looks amazing. I really like the "bone" spikes coming out of the forearms. Fantastic job.

David, this was my idea...
A sort of burned/stretched piece of skin...
2vvqbfl.jpg

Let me know what do you think about it...

<div class='quotetop'>(Ramiel @ Oct 3 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]1331123[/snapback]</div>
David, this was my idea...
A sort of burned/stretched piece of skin...
2vvqbfl.jpg

Let me know what do you think about it...
[/b]

Oh wow...

Yea...I love it..damn, that's cool and great friggin drawing...

I love it and it's a far better idea than what I had...it is similar in 'concept' sure, but your idea far surpasses what I would have done.

Thank you and will I need to sign a release for *ahem* borrowing your idea?... :p

Thanks again.

David

A little update.
The clay is where I want it. I've been cooking parts of the clay to make it crack and coating the sculpt with latex 'over and over and over again' to give it a sort of skin...lava-like and charred kind of like what the movie costume did. For the movie, they took a Begins chest piece..coated it with whipped foam latex by caking it on then blasting it with heat guns to make it pop, crack and tear. I did sort of the same thing with just latex...and am real happy with the results..LOL.

This is finally the painted sculpture..

lavaup.jpg

lavasd.jpg

lavacls.jpg

I decided to nix the chest bat logo and the bat on the cod pice..after all that time working on a cool embossed logo I decided to scrap it...but, the movie suit doesnt have one anyhow....and the cod bat was just too out of place in the end..I dug the idea, but not for this guy....:)

I've got a bunch of stuff I'm painting and waiting on to dry. I'm actually working on the Apocalypse suit now...doing too much at once... :unsure

Enjoy.

David

LOL..:)

The Spawn influence I wont deny...Guyver...I find a bit of a stretch...but, thanks for saying so. :thumbsup

Will I wear this at DC 07?
Who knows...it's so far away and we've got so many different characters to do by that time that I really have no clue what I'll do for DC... :cry

As fun as this suit is turning out to be, it really is just a time filler. I usually get to it while in between other things drying or setting up. It's a good distraction...and sometimes we all need that when working on the same thing for too long.... :D

Thanks for the kind words. If I'm lucky, you guys will dig the finished cast pieces too. :)

David

Well it's under a bunch of latex that's been uber baked with a heat gun. Some of the edges may be still visible but when it's all said and done it wont be possible to make out that there was a bat there. It's pretty impossible even now...but yea, some traces of it are showing through.
:)

David

Very Cool, David. :eek

Your sculpt is excellent.

As much as i liked the bat details and the deep cut spawn type muscle details, i like it much better with the latex over it, like a burn victim..

He looks nice and crispy :)

~Russ

<div class='quotetop'>(Admiral Vaughn @ Nov 19 2006, 05:59 PM) [snapback]1361422[/snapback]</div>
Very Cool, David. :eek

Your sculpt is excellent.

As much as i liked the bat details and the deep cut spawn type muscle details, i like it much better with the latex over it, like a burn victim..

He looks nice and crispy :)

~Russ
[/b]

Thanks Russ. :)
I have this guilty feeling of having sold out with this torso. What I mean is...it started off all custom and I truly wanted the body to be just that...custom, and all from my noggin. While it still is 'custom' it's certainly more movie accurate now and I'm struggling with some guilt over that....Only because it didnt start off as my intention to go movie replica with the rest of the body, but...eh, I'll get used to it. I really do like how it looks mind you, but you can never substitude that feeling of a custom work over a replica. Maybe I'm just short on sleep or something.... :p

NoHumorMan,

Oye...THAT's that bat you see?? LOL...Wow...:) I thought you were referring to the chest logo I used to have there. OK...looking at the red outline you did I have to say...yea, I see it...but that is only a coincidence. Still...how weird is that?
I guess that came as a result of stretching latex, globs of latex and heating the heck out of it. Turst me when I say that's totally a coincidence...:)
Wow...good eye for detail. :thumbsup

David

<div class='quotetop'>(DAVIDYR1 @ Nov 20 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]1361429[/snapback]</div>
NoHumorMan,
Oye...THAT's that bat you see?? LOL...Wow...:) I thought you were referring to the chest logo I used to have there. OK...looking at the red outline you did I have to say...yea, I see it...but that is only a coincidence. Still...how weird is that?
I guess that came as a result of stretching latex, globs of latex and heating the heck out of it. Turst me when I say that's totally a coincidence...:)
Wow...good eye for detail. :thumbsup
David
[/b]
Yeah, sometimes the coolest effects are those that are not intended, but show up all by themselves... as if they were meant to be. And I see the bat-shape, more or less, in all the pictures you posted... so it is not just a trick of light in just that one picture. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back