Aliens APC - 1/12 - ** **

For the APC that first image was a very early start. I did however already have an idea how to do the braces, and cnc-ed them early on in the build, based on that 3d file. But whenever there was a change (and there were many) i had to either cut into the braces, or add new pieces to accomodate the changes. Very timeconsuming.

Nowadays i do nearly the full build in 2d/3d cad, including braces, nodges, the whole works. Then i'll cut parts. Look at my 1/12 Mk2.Viper or the studio scale Death Star Laser Turret, as examples.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Wasili

Yes, I'm not at all surprised that there are a miriad of changes when doing a scratch build of this sort. I've just read most of the in between posts as previously I had only read the first 2 pages or so not realising there were so many!

I just wanted to say that I appreciate you taking the time to comment seeing that you've been in a situation over this and your employment. I do hope that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

Kindest regards and please don't let this marr the amazing work you do as that would be a real loss.

Yes,

It's back on the workbench. Even took it to Harry Harris in the UK last weekend. I'm working on a buildup to determine the final bits.

Cheers,
Wasili

Hey guys,

Been a while since i posted on this project. It has had some 'bumps', to say the least.

Recently i started compiling a single 3d file, combining all the parts that were scattered across numerous digital files and notes. Quite the mess....but doing this has given me a full overview on the last few bits that need doing, and getting this big boy on the road once and for all.

I'm very excited, to say the least.

Here's some quick screencaps, and sorry, no nice renders. My render pc crashed a few weeks ago, so this will have to do.

More soon. Have a good one.

Cheers,
Wasili

wasili-wipCAD107e.jpg

wasili-wipCAD114e.jpg

wasili-wipCAD120e.jpg

I've had half a mind for YEARS to see if I couldn't done one close to life-size - at least an external duplicate (I know the internal idea wouldn't be very close...)

Problem is, I have NOT been able to find proper dimensions!

So far as I could tell, it would probably end up being about a 7:10 scale (I'd like to try to make it street legal as well, I seem to recall it being ~10' wide. FMVSS gives us 84" side-to-side...) but I don't have anything to work with for originals.

Are you wiling to part with external prints?

JDK

Hi Wasili,

Hope you've been good and that the 1/12 APC progress hasn't died for you, im certainly still keen for a finished one as I wrote to you back in 2013.
With a bit of luck your finishing the APC exactly the way you wanted it.

All the best, Mike

Hi Mike,

Last week an APC was shipped to the US. Admittedly, it needs a care package for the remaining parts, but it felt very good closing the shipping box :)

As for your question Mike, first i'll take care of outstanding orders before thinking about committing to new ones.

Have a good one.

Cheers,
Wasili

Hi Wasili,

Great news that your first has shipped to some lucky member in the US.

I thought I was pestering enough that I did make it onto your list from 2013 but perhaps I missed out, I was the annoying person in Australian that kept
pestering you for a built one so I certainly hope im on that original list. No drama's either way.

Mike

Dear Wasili,

This has to be a veryyyy proud moment for you, truly years in the making what a huge achievement? To hear of an APC rolling out of your factory and into the hands of the first (prepaid customer)? Plus others being prepared and boxed for shipping is just hugeeeee news.

You have gone through sooo much to get to this point, to build thee most accurate large scale APC ever, the ultimate APC kit.

Wasili i have sent you an email a few day's ago but not sure if you got it or not??? As i am one of your (prepaid customers), i took over Mr. Bob farmers spot in 2011. Which i believe from old emails show he was to be fourth on your list for those whom have fully paid for this kit?.

Anywho congrat looking forward to hearing from you and i am extremely excited.

Michael M.

Hello Michael,

Email sent. And you're being too kind for me. You'll have to thank the client who is about the receive the box.

Cheers,
Wasili

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back