Price check on ANH Obi Lightsaber

jhusel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
How much is a Romans Empire saber worth these days? I'm thinking about selling mine but have no idea how much it's worth?

SWANHRomansObiLightsaber.jpg

Jhusel

Looks decent, but it's not his last and most accurate run so... How 'bout what you actually paid for it, plus a little for your troubles (10%?). Post it at that price in the Junkyard and see who bites. I couldn't say for sure, but there's the possibility you may have to take a loss. I could be wrong though.

well, if it helps, i just sold a resin obi wan lightsaber for almost 70 dollars...just to give you an idea...

$250-$350 depending on how it's finished.

*edit*
If it's the older gear (not based on the booster), and the plastic modern AS Handwheel, and the pre-Balance Tube emitter, about $200.

also, you can gaurantee yourself some extra cash if you weather the saber...people will be all over it if you weather it!

$250-$350 depending on how it's finished.

*edit*
If it's the older gear (not based on the booster), and the plastic modern AS Handwheel, and the pre-Balance Tube emitter, about $200.

Good luck getting that. I tried selling a saber in that price range and was told it was too expensive.
Seems alot of people want stuff for nothing.:unsure

Well I was offered a chance to buy this but Id already invested in some parts to build my own. I would have taken it otherwise.
There are a lot of different makes out there now- MR, Parks (yey!/boo!!!), Roman- who seems to have gone(?), Icons...etc etc.
Its a mine field once your in it to buy- I'd know! ;-(
A built up saber seems to be cheaper that its sum of parts though- it depends on how accurate the built up one is.
Good luck

D

Good luck getting that. I tried selling a saber in that price range and was told it was too expensive.
Seems alot of people want stuff for nothing.:unsure

The problem with anything is that when the new and improved version is available, the old model however good or expensive it may have been, always suffers in resale value.

Additonally, there's been so many versions, licensed, unlicensed, and the multitude of parts runs, I'm supirsed everyone doesn't already have one. Heck, I've never even purchased a fully machined or complete prop and somehow ended up with THREE Obi ANH sabers at one point!

But if you've still got that saber, I'd be willing offer twice that. Wait. Nothing times two is...? Oops, never mind.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back