Screen Used "Gozer" Costume from "Ghostbusters"

I knew Ghostbusters was rushed to cinemas, but they really didn't think this design out, did they?

Regardless, that is an amazing find.

Great costume can't belive it still exists, i own the Original Screen Used Vigo the Carpathian Costume and i presume only one was made of that as mine screen matches perfectly.

Personally, i would leave it as it is as there seems to be nothing that would perish on it, and i love the look of the 'Ravages of time' on it

Between us we have the 2 Badass Ghostbusters badguys:cool

I will try find a couple of images on my computer,but i am setting up my displays so it does not look that good on the mannequin at present.

If there is a way to blow them up perhaps, depending on the damage, a insulin needle inserted and pump in the air, but then again it would put a tiny hole in them so that's out. Small suction to pull them outward?

Dont plastic bubbles pop out if you put them in hot water?

Where the pressure is equaled inside and out...or something like that.

I did a little private eye work and found out that Vigo's armor was once sold on ScreenUsed. Here are some photos:

http://www.screenused.com/index.cfm?sectionID=item-detail&subsectionID=index.cfm&item_id=3346

According to them, a "few of the prop studs have fallen off." Sounds reminiscent of Gozer's bubbles, although, as you can see, it's overall in much better shape.

Yes i got it off the guy who bought it from Screenused, there is actually only 3 missing from what i can see, and thats looking at it up close. It is in quite good nick for the age of it

Amazing find! Can't agree more! MANY MANY CONGRATZ!!

Good mannequin style btw!! Pretty "accurate" ;)

Have you considered painting her eyes red? ;)

Dude, thanks for these! I was just thinking of making a replica of this and was wondering how I'd get some good shots of all the details since it isn't on screen long.
Now I just have to start sourcing all the fabrics and details.

This is amazing, what a find! Considering it was sort of forgotten, it's in great shape. I'm glad it was rescued. (Hey, power-hungry gods need love too.)

What amazes me are all the little hidden details--The jewels inside some bubbles, that streak of iridescent feathery trim...and did I see some bubble wrap? :lol

Thank you for sharing! There's so much more to this than I realized, even after repeated viewings of Ghostbusters over the years.

Fantastic! I'm so happy this has been picked up by one of "us" and will be properly preserved. Thanks for the pics!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back