Screen Used "Gozer" Costume from "Ghostbusters"

If anybody had the Blu-Ray and can confirm that with some grabs, that would be very groovy. :)

Here's a couple: A few of the bubbles look a little damaged, but not too many.

Gozer_1.jpg

Gozer_2.jpg

Gozer_3.jpg

Gozer_4.jpg

Awesome find, BTW. I would have never remembered what that was... :rolleyes

Rik

What do the bubbles seem to be made from? PETG? Acrylic? How thin does the plastic seem to be?

Also, was it a iridescent plastic, or a clear plastic with the iridescent sprayed on?

Questions questions questions. :)

can someone please put this on and lets start filming part 3 already! I have my proton pack ready!!! AWESOME AWESOME!!!

If the bubbles are completely spherical so that you can't just pop them back out from behind, here's a trick:

Assuming they can be removed and reattached without damaging the costume, remove the bubbles, place them in the freezer for about 30 - 45 minutes (enough to make them nice and cold), then let very very hot water run into a bowl, and dunk the bubbles under, letting the hot running water run over them. The sudden pressure change due to the cold air inside meeting the hot water outside, will cause it to expand and pop the bubble back into it's original spherical shape. I used to repair ping pong balls this way when I accidentally stepped on them.

Thanks again everybody :)

I took some shots on Friday and will try to get them posted tomorrow morning when I get back to work. I got some pretty good close ups of a few of the "clusters" as well as the whole back of the costume and the 2 pairs of shoes.

I'm not up on my types of plastics, but the bubbles seem to be made of a thin version of blister pack material.

A few of the larger bubbles are domed over faceted plastic jewels like these:

48_2892.jpg

...which really breaks up the symmetry and catches the light when she's moving.

The larger clusters were built on seperate mesh panels, the hand-stitched to the costume, then smaller individual details were glued or sewn on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome find, looking forward to seeing the restoration of the bubbles. Will you be uploading the pics of the shoes along with your close up pics?

Okay...hope your browsers can take the strain.

Here we go:

The Back
GozerBack.jpg

Left Breast Cluster
Cluster1.jpg

Stomach Cluster
Cluster2.jpg

Bubble w/ Jewel Inside
Bubble.jpg

Left Shoulder from Back
LshoulderBack.jpg

Right Shoulder from Back
RshoulderBack.jpg

Shoes #1
Shoes1.jpg

Shoes #2
Shoes2.jpg

Whew! Hope that helps :)

If there is a way to blow them up perhaps, depending on the damage, a insulin needle inserted and pump in the air, but then again it would put a tiny hole in them so that's out. Small suction to pull them outward?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back