Stupid Doctor Who question

burningman

Ok I just got done watching the latest 2 parter and in the end the Doctor regenerates...But I seem to remember (it's been ages so my memory is a bit fuzzy) Tennant regenerating or at least starting to during the last regular episode in if I remeber correctly, the tardis with Rose being there. I seem to remeber her shooting a Dalek and the doctor taking one for the team so to speak.
Did i imagine this or is there something screwy going on here?

Can someone refresh my memeory on this please?

When Rose and the Doctor were running to each other, a Dalek shot The Doctor, and Cap'n Jack blew the Dalek up. They brought him back to the tardis and he started to regenerate, but his face didn't change. This happened because during regeneration, whatever that yellow timelord mist is, found the jar containing the doctor's hand, and used his bio signature to just repair the Doctor, instead of fully regenerating him.

When Rose and the Doctor were running to each other, a Dalek shot The Doctor, and Cap'n Jack blew the Dalek up. They brought him back to the tardis and he started to regenerate, but his face didn't change. This happened because during regeneration, whatever that yellow timelord mist is, found the jar containing the doctor's hand, and used his bio signature to just repair the Doctor, instead of fully regenerating him.

I'm guessing that it is maybe artron energy. The Doctor also directed it at the hand. And I agree, that was more dramatic. Possibly because we didn't all know over a year in advance.

I liked Dr Who when Cybermen came from Mondas and the Dr was limited to regenerating 12 times - wonder how they will get round that when it happens - I am sure there will be some nonsense to get around it.

From what I have seen of the new Dr Who series continuity and things making sense never seem to get in the way of a good yarn.

I wouldn't get too worried about it.

Just enjoy the show for what it is a bit of fun. If you try to analyse it too much especially comparing things through the whole history of the show it would drive you nuts :)

Chris

I thought someone said before that in the older series the timelords were able to bestow additional regens on those of their choosing....if so, the loophole was already created really.

The Master is beyond 12 regens (w/o extra Timelord help if memory servers me right). He's resorted to "stolen" bodies before.

The Master is beyond 12 regens (w/o extra Timelord help if memory servers me right). He's resorted to "stolen" bodies before.

The time lord have promiced to renew his reqenerations in the past (old series)for some kind of assistance but he never held up to his side of the bargain.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back