VIDEO GAME item Replicas

I just got the American McGee's Alice Vorpal Blade.
(as seen in the banner at the top of the forum page from Epic Weapons and Side Show)

Listed as Commemorative Edition.
Nice and heavy.
No maker or game company makings only VORPAL Est 1865.
Edge is not sharp but could be sharpened if desired.

Last edited:
Most of the props I made have been from video games, here's a couple of em :)

street fighter- Vega's claw
vegaclaws.jpg

this things from final fantasy XIII, when i made it, i didn't know there was an XII out already
lightning_sword_1.jpg

Caim's Sword from Drakengard 2... never heard of the game til this commission rolled in, was a fun design to build!
drakengard.jpg

Theres a bunch of AC1&2 things i've done in the past as well, but still need to update the site with em ^^;

I would love to do version of the Combat Cross from Castlevania Lords of Shadow.....

I was thinking about that right when I started playing the game. The combat cross would be an amazing prop to have, even if it was just static. :love I can't imagine anyone being able to find a way to have an actual chain come out of it and match the game-accurate length. :cry

CombatCross.jpg

1135537-gabrielcombatcross_super.jpg

I always wanted the Lionheart gunblade from FF8. It is the ultimate weapon for Squall and is basically a laser sword/gunblade! It pretty hard to find any decent reference shots to start making it.....

The cool bit would be the making the blade out of perspex and then running blue leds inside to light the entire blade!!

Sorry to bump an old thread but I loves me some video game props.

There are some pretty good Bob-Omb (from Mario) replicas out there at Hot Topic, Toys R Us and some Dollar stores (not sure which one). They're what I'd assume to be 1:1 and filled with powder candy. A friend found a box of them, as well as a box of red mushrooms, for $1 each at a local dollar store. They're about $4-ish at Hot Topic and Toys R Us.

My girlfriend got me the Ezio vambrace from Assassins Creed II / Brotherhood for X-Mas. She ordered it from Museum Replicas and it should be in a few days after Christmas. I'll post a quick review once I get it. I'm pretty excited.

It has had me wanting some additional Assassins Creed props. Does anyone have any good ideas? There are several weapons out there, but does anyone know of any non-weapon replicas?

Here's a good quality version of the Wanted Poster you have to rip down throughout the game:
Wanted posters - The Assassin's Creed Wiki - Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, walkthroughs, and more
For mine, I used 2 pieces of parchment paper and dyed them slightly with tea, then printed the image across both pages and glued them together. I went back over it with a pen to get rid of the pixelation and it gave it a bolder, sharper and more freshly printed quality. I rolled up one end, curled the top 2 corners and hung it on my bedroom door. I'm eventually going to have an arrow sticking out of it like the game.

I also have plans to recreate the feathers from the first game. Altair would kill his target then stain a white feather with the blood as a trophy and proof of the assassination. I plan to use some white feathers from Hobby Lobby and red paint or this particular high quality fake blood I got for Halloween.

I am also working on the Codex pages from Assassins Creed II, but they are more difficult than I imagined. It seems the pages from part II are perfectly square but are about the same length as a regular sheet of paper, but I had created a graphic that would fit a regular sheet.
I used images from this page:
Codex - The Assassin's Creed Wiki - Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, walkthroughs, and more
I altered the color with photoshop and tried to get rid of the Animus-style lines that are through the picture. I also attempted to recreate the page borders by taking photos of the pages from the inventory screen. The result (cell phone pictures taken off a plasma tv) is underwhelming, but a good start. I printed the images on parchment paper then put them in the oven for a bit until they turned brown. I used a razor blade to weather the pages and used colored pencils and ink to sharpen the borders and actual artwork.
There's also a problem with the layout of some of the pages. Some of them have text, but also have a large graphic. The image of the actual page doesn't have text, but it must be there somewhere. My solution was to put it on the back, but I don't know if that's the best place. I also opted to translate the text to Arabic instead of Italian, though it actually looks like parts are Arabic and parts are Latin.
I eventually plan to recreate the hidden map on the pages with UV ink and arrange them in the correct order on a wall in the house.

I am drooling at the craftsmanship on here!!! This is incredible!!!! I have a Mortal Kombat Scorpion costume but its not a 100% replica... I took a minimal twist to it.

xxblackbird- someone is selling Desmond's hoodies here, the shirts are all sold out.
HTH
Yeah, I saw those and they look fantastic. I had signed up for 2 shirts but have had some cash flow issues lately (that don't look like they're getting better any time soon) so I had to back out. Hopefully I'll be able to jump in on a future run. The jackets are very promising and I don't imagine they'll be ready to ship for quite a while, so hopefully I'll be able to nab one of those. For right now I'm doing cheap props or working with things I already have lying around.

My Ezio vambrace is now on backorder and will ship in "winter." Hooray...

Soon I'm going to start experimenting with Pepakura. I have a Halo pistol printed and ready, and I can cut it out at my desk at work then glue it at home. I've used free patterns from the internet, extra cardstock I already had and I have hundreds of glue sticks in a drawer I can use. Total cost so far is $0.

My GF also got me a Master Chief helmet replica that came with the Halo 3 Legendary Edition. It's in-transit and looked nice in the images. I understand it's not 1:1 but I hear it's pretty close.

I have the Halsey journal from Halo: Reach that came with the collectors edition. The detail is fantastic and the content is very well put together. All of it fits very well with the established universe, the articles are fascinating, the artwork is beautiful and looks just like real pencil drawings and the inserts are just so cool. There are things like newspaper clippings, an ID card (that you can scan with your phone), a patch, a fold out map and even placemats from restaurants with Halsey's scribbles on the back. It is 1:1 scale (it's described as a personal journal she picked up at a gift shop so it's the perfect size). It's also surprisingly thick. You can get one for under $20 on ebay and they're certainly worth it.

The halo reach stuff really impressed my friend and I (i got us both all the stuff from the collector's edition). Actually I think the Halo 3 helmet is a 1:1 child size once you hollow it out but it is a pain. I'm leaving my friend's intact and just prepping it for her to paint. Mine i'm not sure if i'm going to put back together (they're so cheap now i may just get another one) and use the torn up one for a custom costume. What I liked in the halsey journal is the detail like the realistic coffee stains and even the news print outs that are on fax-like paper and on the back is a water mark telling you to recycle. The hologram of her in the ID card was cool too. I have more fun with the props than the game lol.

Are those shots of the Isaac suit from a commercial or something from the guy working in the backdrop?

Most of the props I made have been from video games, here's a couple of em :)

street fighter- Vega's claw
vegaclaws.jpg

this things from final fantasy XIII, when i made it, i didn't know there was an XII out already
lightning_sword_1.jpg

Caim's Sword from Drakengard 2... never heard of the game til this commission rolled in, was a fun design to build!
drakengard.jpg

Theres a bunch of AC1&2 things i've done in the past as well, but still need to update the site with em ^^;
Those are some of the best game props that I have ever seen. Great job

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back