Cobra Commander movie costume discussion

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't want this thread to turn into a bash-fest of the movie. I want us to discuss the details of this design as well as what masks and or costumes will be available, licensed or unlicensed.
The mask is interesting enough. Though I think the classic cartoon 'mirror front' mask would have worked here, the movie mask looks like it has a translucent milky tint to it.
I am having a hard time finding pictures of the mask that I am happy with. Anyone know where to start for this one?

I don't want this thread to turn into a bash-fest of the movie. I want us to discuss the details of this design as well as what masks and or costumes will be available, licensed or unlicensed.
The mask is interesting enough. Though I think the classic cartoon 'mirror front' mask would have worked here, the movie mask looks like it has a translucent milky tint to it.
I am having a hard time finding pictures of the mask that I am happy with. Anyone know where to start for this one?

Sneak a camera in the theatre and go to a really early showing and snap some shots LOL

CC's Mask and Destro's head were the worst parts of the movie IMO.

I'm not sure what route they were going with on CC's mask, but I wish they would have detoured somewhere along the way. lol

Is it supposed to be snake like or something? Just ugh.

Not bashing the movie, though. I actually went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

Have you used the action figure as a reference? I also noticed how similar his mask were to his troops other than the color. Not my favorite version but here he is. I'm sure in time there will be lots more photos of him.
I think a clear resin would be best if one planned to make this version.

032509_cobracommander.jpg

cobraCCmovie.jpg

cobracommandermovie.jpg

cobracommandermovie2.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone is seriously interested, I'm pondering the Neo-Viper Costume. I'll have to wait until the movie is on Blu-Ray for good screen caps, but I have serious interest.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back