Finaly some cool Team Zissou Adidas!!! 9-4 shoes received with Pics

Re: Finaly some cool Team Zissou Adidas!!!

very nice -- I may bite, but not sure on size -- do u know policy on exchanges?

Please post pics. I got a pair of $50 k-swis type with the 4 striped on ebay -- they are nice, but these are nicer...just don't wanna drop the bucks unless I know they gonna fit me.

Please post review when you get em.

I got the same email.

I'm not trying to be a kill-joy on this, but these aren't screen accurate. I have converted a handful of the correct version of the ROM for some friends and it is not that difficult to get the same results. Acetone will remove the gold letters, and you can replace them with dry transfer railroad letters spelling Zissou.

These new offerings, while being genuine Adidas sneakers, are still painted. That is, the center light blue stripe is not actually that color. The biggest problem I have with my conversions is the paint. No matter what kind I use, it will eventually betray its true color beneath. These are sneakers and they will get bumped and scraped no matter what.

Make no mistake, I think these new Zissous are great, and well executed. I just thought some members would want to know these are not the 'real deal' before they drop the loot.

yea yellow and jagged

lead_the_life_aquatic_0509130926_wideweb__375x500,1.jpg

I bet the new shoes are a lot more comfortable than the original ROMs. :lol

Not to derail, but has anyone found a good Steve Zissou shirt?

ah knew I shoulda snagged a pair back when you first posted the link, sold out now. Their october run will prob be a little much for me. :cry They look awesome though.

Looks like I got to this one too late. I've been wanting a pair of these. I must have searched ebay for a pair of ROM's for ages...darn. Thanks for the link though, maybe they will get them back in.

Oh, I see. I just re-read the description on the site. I thought these were actually made by Adidas, not fan made replicas.

For $150 dollars you could snatch some real vintage Roms off of eBay and make your own. Thats what I did:

myzissouroms.jpg

The gold Zissou logo on those shoes look really nice though, I will give them that :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back