Arc Reactor Fraud on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are also missing emails and when I asked the seller about them he said I don't need to post everything which again raises my suspicions.

Detective MattMurdock's on the case! :D

i'd guess after 5 months of emails, he's given up and airing it on ebay was his only thinking, quite ingenious if you ask me.

i'm not out to bash the seller (i dont know the buyer nor seller), but i dont see why everyone automatically thinks the buyer is at fault

I'm not saying the buyer is at fault simply that his means of fixing it are immature and possibly illegal. Again, I know JMTWO to be a good person and from this sellers messages to me he seems like one of those customers that is never happy no matter what you do.

i wouldnt be happy after 5 months of waiting either...

not sure about it being illegal airing his opinions on ebay either :lol

not airing his options but posting emails and names and slander.

People here know that sometimes, 5 months is fast lol. Thats not the point the point is we don't see the sellers response to JMTWO's offers to fix the situation. Maybe he requested something ridiculous as people who feel cheated often do.

I am not saying the buyer or the seller is at fault here, I am just saying that I do not agree with the way the
buyer is going about trying to rectify the situation. Maybe JMTWO is guilty of being late on emails and getting the items out, maybe the buyer is not telling the whole story I don't know. I am just going off of what I know of JMTWO.

Last edited:
exactly, WE dont know that, so how can you take a side? i've just been giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt. i doubt the buyer (with such high feedback) would bother if he hadnt been messed about though. i cant be bothered to post anymore, i really dont care about this lol

btw, on a side note, i do think JMTWO's arc reactors look amazing! i'd have one if i had the spare cash :)

I mentioned to the seller that he should find other means so his ebay does not get ruined and he lose his high feedback he said he didn't care about his ebay only ruining JMTWO's name. This does not seem like a good person to me.

to be honest, why does everyone care so much to bother complaining to ebay over this? whats it got to do with you? (or me, or anyone). if he wants to bad mouth a bad seller then its up to him.

You obviously haven't been around here long enough to understand that we take care of our own. You will learn when this happens to you and you come looking for support from us.

Brad

Oh so it's ok to be one sided here but just not on eBay, i forgot how this forum was so full of eBay policy lovers, i guess those monthly eBay sucks threads throw me off.

I think you're missing the point about this. This is not an Ebay policy debate, it is a "protect a fellow member here in high standing" debate.

Brad

Okay,

I guess I have to reply to this thread at this point, since the Johnny is posting his carefully crafted side of the story and some appear to be buying it.

This guy bought an ARC from me on Ebay back in March. Before he bought it he contacted me several time asking about the power source, since mine is built for the U.S. and he is in the U.K. I finally offered to send him a brand new, in the package power adapter if he bought it, which he did.

I sent him the ARC, which he received. He let me had gotten it and it had a couple of cosmetic issues but nothing he couldn't correct himself. Shortly afterward, he sent me a message saying that he had used the power adapter without reading the instructions set it to 220 and blew the light, asking if I could send a new light. I told him I didn't think he would be able to put a new light since it's built in to the unit. He tried to take the light out and broke the cage doing so. This is when I offered up the battery powered unit and he agreed. It took me longer than I expected to get it ready, but it was developed.

In the meantime, he asked about a display plaque for another item he had bought from me. I never offered a plaque for the item and I honestly don't remember saying I would be providing him with one, but I said that was fine I would make it up and send it with the ARC. He again contacted me and said he had two other items from me with different size plaques could I remake all plaques to the same size? Again, no big deal, he bought an expensive item and plaques are easy to make. I was happy to do it!

At this point it's June and the plaque material is on it's way. I was going to have everything he requested (most of it freebies) and I tell him so in the message he has on Ebay. At this point, he send me email (not using the Ebay message system) going ballistic, accusing me of being a thief, liar, crook, etc. Going to notify the IRS, FBI, you name it. Verbal abuse, the works. I don't know why at this point he decided to go postal on me but he did. At that point I end the relationship.

I have 3 plaques, a battery ARC cage and a shipping label I paid $30 for sitting here, but when he started the threats I bulldog and will not send them.

Just to clarify,

1. I sent a free power adapter with his ARC because I was trying to be nice.
2. He burned out the ARC lights through his own stupidity and broke the cage through his own impatience.
3. There was cosmetic Damage initially, but nothing serious.
4. The Case was never mentioned as being damaged until he started posting his auctions.
5. He began asking for free things (small in nature) which I would have been happy to provide.
6. He went postal and threatened me.
7. He has the luxury of cherry picking messages to make me look bad.
8. He is careful to send threatening messages only through emails and not the Ebay message system.

Can I be slow? Yes, I admit it and try to fess up when I am

Do I attack and threaten people? Never!

But I guess he wins, since this thread is exactly what he wanted to achieve with his auction.

As a side note (which is actually quite ironic), about three weeks ago Marvel politely asked me to stop selling ARC reactor publicly.:thumbsup

I'm not saying the buyer is at fault simply that his means of fixing it are immature and possibly illegal. Again, I know JMTWO to be a good person and from this sellers messages to me he seems like one of those customers that is never happy no matter what you do.

You know what go check the banned members thread, every single one of those people in there banned for not delivering items were all good sellers(to some people).
You have a good experience with JMTWO so this guy must automatically be making this up ?

Thanks for clarifying the issues JMTWO :thumbsup

Last edited:
BTW.

Thanks to all on here that have shown support for me. I truely am at a loss over this situation. I do try to make my clients happy, but I also draw the line at threats and verbal abuse.

As a side note (which is actually quite ironic), about three weeks ago Marvel politely asked me to stop selling ARC reactor publicly.:thumbsup

That's when you know you've done something right!

Good on ya John!

I don't think this guy won at all. He will be noted as a bad buyer (I am going to add him to my blocked buyers) and we all (with the exception of a few members here) knew you were a reputable seller and member here.

Brad

Again well said Brad, and I too have added him to my block list.
JMTWO,
My intent with this thread was to prove you are a good person who can be depended on. I was trying to get a few members who know you and know you are a good person to help remove this guys auctions whenever they popped up. I do apologize if you feel this has shown you in a negative light, but I don't think that it has, I think that the members here who know you will stand by you as always.

JMTWO - thanks for posting, i hope you dont think i was bashing you , i was just giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt (without knowing you and only seeing the emails on the auction you have to admit it looks bad for you), every argument has two sides (and most people here were only taking one side, so i put across the other)

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for the post, Jmtwo. If anyone ever had any doubts about dealing with such a stand-up fellow, I think you've (again) managed to dispel them. :thumbsup

... i was just giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt (without knowing you and only seeing the emails on the auction you have to admit it looks bad for you), every argument has two sides (and most people here were only taking one side, so i put across the other)

Hmmm. Taking the side of the buyer, who isn't a well standing member here for over 4 years and has had several members here buy from them and deal directly with JMTWO...are you sure you are a part of the right forum?

Brad

JMTWO - thanks for posting, i hope you dont think i was bashing you , i was just giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt (without knowing you and only seeing the emails on the auction you have to admit it looks bad for you), every argument has two sides (and most people here were only taking one side, so i put across the other)

That's why you wait for the other side...

:rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure of the point of this thread.

It's a live auction, so it shouldn't be posted...

The auction doesn't necessarily call out JMTWO by name, so why post it here?

If the point was to show JMTWO in a bad light, then it was completely bad form.

I think JMTWO has a good enough reputation here to withstand one disgruntled Ebay buyer. :thumbsup His response, I think, shows how much he went out of the why to please this buyer.

I think this thread shows more about the person who started it than it does anyone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back