Arc Reactor Fraud on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
The proper venue to ***** and moan is through a thread here or another prop replica board, or to file a fraud report, or open an ebay/paypal claim for resolution.

A one-sided slander attack should not be tolerated by anyone, regardless of the situation. After all, who knows? You could be the next victim of such.

And definitely, there's information missing. The plaque stuff appeared out of nowhere, for example. And there is the possibility - if looking at the locations of both seller and buyer, and with foreknowledge of power supply differences - that someone may have plugged in their arc reactor without proper conversion, blew it out, and is demanding satisfaction.

Regardless of the seller's attempts to rectify the situation or not, an Ebay listing is not the way to air a grievance. We should be opposed to this on general principle alone.

I dont think he's trying to sell it or swindle anybody. I think he is just trying to warn people (in a strange and novel way - I admit)
If JMTWO or anybody else had promised numerous times to deliver something and didnt come through here on the RPF would everybody be happy then ?

How do you know that JMTWO didn't send him all the replacement parts and this guys is still just a pissy seller?

I personally have dealt with JMTWO on 2 occasions and one was this arc reactor, mine was slightly broken and I was able to repair it. John (JMTWO) still went as far as to offer me a new arc or spare parts. I didn't need anything so instead John sent me one of his STARK4 license plates for free.

I have a VERY hard time believing this seller, especially since he posts the e-mails in his auction.

If you bought something that was broken and the seller didn't come through with the parts, then man up and just sell the thing instead of whining about it and being a little baby about it.

Brad

I guess i'm confused also, i don't see how he is trying to swindle anyone when the listing says it's busted and price is over-inflated.
Aside from the action listing there's nothing else to go on, on the face of it he has the right to be pissed though i would say.
He recieved an item that blew when he plugged it in, granted this might have been his fault, we don't know, but according to him the seller agreed to send replacement parts, so if he agreed then he should send them.
The case was broken too according to this guy so i don't understand why he shouldn't use eBay to vent a little if that is what he's doing ?
And how can he be listing something he isn't selling ? nobody here has disputed he has the item, so what if he want's a thousand bucks he could want a trillion bucks if he likes it's nobody elses business, the seller sets the price the buyer either accepts it or buys elsewhere.
Yet you people think its cool to get his auctions pulled and stuff without even knowing if there is opposing evidence against his story ?
I'm not saying that this guy was ripped off but i would sure like to know the facts before doing stuff like making complaints to eBay.

The proper venue to ***** and moan is through a thread here or another prop replica board, or to file a fraud report, or open an ebay/paypal claim for resolution.

A one-sided slander attack should not be tolerated by anyone, regardless of the situation. After all, who knows? You could be the next victim of such.

He may be past the deadline to make a dispute and isn't this thread one sided if this guys not a member here to answer these allegations people are making against him ?

He sent a message to me as I said before saying that he did not post the item in order to sell it and he does not intend to sell it. He only wants to make people stop buying from JMTWO, who I have also dealt with in buying items and things were smooth as all hell. Polite, got back to emails quickly, and the way this person is only posting part of the emails, in which we see that JMTWO offered parts and we know he is the type to come through. Based on what I know of JMTWO and this "Sellers" attitude when I asked a question he clearly has a vendetta for what appears to be no good reason. He broke the item, JMTWO offered a few options to replace it and for some reason it has not been done, I dont feel JMTWO would do this.

to be honest, why does everyone care so much to bother complaining to ebay over this? whats it got to do with you? (or me, or anyone). if he wants to bad mouth a bad seller then its up to him.

He may be past the deadline to make a dispute and isn't this thread one sided if this guys not a member here to answer these allegations people are making against him ?

Again I sent this guy messages and he is very rude and calling JMTWO a bad person, when many of us here know to be un true.

to be honest, why does everyone care so much to bother complaining to ebay over this? whats it got to do with you? (or me, or anyone). if he wants to bad mouth a bad seller then its up to him.

Cause once again I know that JMTWO is not a bad seller. This guy is just out to ruin him because he did not get everything he wanted from him for free.

Show me where Ebay states that this is acceptable protocol for a grievance on their site.

Here, we're free to discuss such things. Whether they're a member to respond or not is irrelative; if you put yourself out on the internet, you're going to get discussed.

The issue is not necessarily the grievance. It's how it's being aired.

Show me where Ebay states that this is acceptable protocol for a grievance on their site.

Here, we're free to discuss such things. Whether they're a member to respond or not is irrelative; if you put yourself out on the internet, you're going to get discussed.

The issue is not necessarily the grievance. It's how it's being aired.

Oh so it's ok to be one sided here but just not on eBay, i forgot how this forum was so full of eBay policy lovers, i guess those monthly eBay sucks threads throw me off.

again, I read the emails he posted and I have seen this guys type of attitude. I know many people who have had great deals with JMTWO where any wrong doing, even if JMTWO was not at fault was taken care of in a quick fashion and at times even free items given out, so this guys story with all it's missing pieces seems off to me.

Actually I did send JMTWO a message regarding this via ebay.

EBAY policy has good and bad points, one good one being that you can not list an auction for something you do not intend to sell. Nor can you list an auction simply to slander someone.

Last edited:
i've only got the auction to go on (as have you), you cant simply slate the buyer though just based on the fact that you've dealt with the seller previously, bit naive to think because you've had a good experience with the seller that everyone else will have.

you seem to be taking all this a bit to heart lol, dont get so involved in stuff that isnt to do with you :lol i couldnt care less whether this guy is at fault or not, i'm not the buyer or the seller! if anything though, his auction has worked, there's a whole thread about it here!

Oh so it's ok to be one sided here but just not on eBay, i forgot how this forum was so full of eBay policy lovers, i guess those monthly eBay sucks threads throw me off.

So it's ok for someone to do this to you if they aren't happy with something they bought from you on Ebay? I just think it's a ****ty way to air your grievance.

There's plenty wrong with ebay, but they aren't relevant. This particular policy, I and others happen to agree with. Doesn't mean we have to love the whole thing.

I don't know, maybe there's some weird UK-based cultural thing going on here that I don't understand, judging from the number of supportive comments coming from UK-based members that seem to think this is perfectly fine.

Look, I get it. It sucks to be on the butt end of this one. I'm not disputing that. I just don't agree with *****ing about it through an auction, when there are express policies forbidding this behavior.

I highly recommend someone gets in touch with this guy and invites him to post somewhere, such as the bad seller forum (open to the public) that another member has established. I can't find the link right off the bat, but someone else is sure to have it. It's a grievance, air it properly.

I feel the need to say something when someone I know to be a good person is being claimed to be otherwise. I am not the only person here to have a positive experience with JMTWO. Sorry but I try to stand up for those I trust.

If you read the emails JMTWO admits a lack of response and apologises for the delays, but a 5 month delay for sending replacement parts ?
He promises to send the Items out but does not email to explain why this hasnt happened ?

I'd be pretty pissed

there are also missing emails and when I asked the seller about them he said I don't need to post everything which again raises my suspicions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back