Wested Ripley's jacket from Aliens... anyone has one???

Jonesythecat

I have been curious to see one of Wested's leather jackets from Aliens (the one worn by Sigourney Weaver), although in all these years I have not found a single picture of them.

Until a few months ago that jacket was still listed on Wested's website but only showing a production picture of Sigourney wearing it... not the jacket itself.

If anyone owns one could he/she please post a picture of it?

Thanks a lot!

I've delt with Wested Leather before. Love their quality work and their great prices. (I know i sound like an Ad):$ If you send them an e-mail requesting photos, you'd have a 50/50 shot of getting them. I'd suggest asking Gemma for the jacket pics. She is very informative and typically gets the info you need within a few days. Hope this helps. :)

-ShortWookie

Isn't it just a pretty run-of-the-mill leather bomber jacket? I don't remember it being anything out of the ordinary.

Been through this before with Wested, and about the same jacket. I would probably be willing to purchase one as I am a pocket freak (the more the better) but without at least ONE picture to go by, I just can't justify buying in the dark. Filmjackets.com does have a lot of nice screen caps of the film jacket, but I have never been able to find a real life picture of one.

I hear you Banzai... same situation here. For how much I like Wested products I won't be buying one just like that. The few people who owns one can't be bothered posting pictures. :confused

Don't get me wrong, I have a Wested Indy jacket that was an absolute bargain for the custom fitting and details that I had incorporated. Most importantly, Peter knows how to make jackets that are jackets, not costumes. I just wish they would show real pictures of some of the stuff that they can make before you plunk down the money.

"right to the wall!" ? :confused

Thanks for the offer to "love me right to the wall"... but, you know, a simple 'thanks' works for me just fine. This is a Wested, size 44, RIPLEY JACKET reproduction from the movie ALIENS. I bought this in, oh, lets say, 1992. I love it. But it's too small in the sleeves for me to wear. So I don't wear it. I could sell it, actually. It's pristine.

Alan

Here's the pictures...

THANKS! Although what I was referring to Kt Templar was a kinda in-joke, nevermind us crazies.

Thanks for posting the pictures of this jacket. Finally I manage to see the famous thing. 1992 you say? May I ask how you came to know about Wested making a replica back in the days? (magazine ads?)

What size is it by the way? I have long arms too, I understand your troubles with it

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back