Sr Member
So anyone going to attempt any of these costumes?:lol
alice.jpg

aliceusatoday3.jpg

madhatter.jpg

queenofheartsjpg.jpg

tweedledudes.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if anyone does decide to ... that hat looks like quite an undertaking. Almost a deterrent to even trying. :lol

I think they went a little overboard on the Mad Hatter. He looks pretty ridiculous. And not in a good way.

Where's Sith Camaro??? :lol

I think Toby had a similar reaction to the Mad Hatter, so either he has no interest in it, or he's trying to cover his surprise unveiling.

i reckon tim burton will do a fine job he has the darker and more farfetched side that most others stray from. The actual stories are in reality rather peculiar such as charlie and the chocolate factory which was a lot closer to the original story but wasnt looked on as well as the older version due to the nostalgia attached to it.

The cosutmes if pulled off to the great accuracy lengths that i see so many here pull off. I believe they will be immensely successful.
The details though are always a hinderence but to some a mere challenge :D

Aren't there two or three off-topic section threads these comments could go in?

I've been doing some research on the four or five hat-pins on the Hatter's hat. Can't yet tell if they were found items or custom built. Perusing ebay, you can see some that are very close but not perfect.

Who is she playing?

Scott

The White Queen

Aren't there two or three off-topic section threads these comments could go in?

I've been doing some research on the four or five hat-pins on the Hatter's hat. Can't yet tell if they were found items or custom built. Perusing ebay, you can see some that are very close but not perfect.

Hat pins are easy to fabricate. We do them in theatre all the time. A long, sharpened piece of wire with some decorative beads on top.

I think trying to replicate the Mad Hatter costume would be another "I'm now broke and cannot afford to recreate this costume!" Therefore I think completing a "close enough" version should suffice. The make up doesn't look too difficult using Ve Neil's Pirate Palette. The contact lenses alone are probably going to run about $150.00!!:eek

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back