X-Wing red leader - CC (kinda hero-like)

It didnt (previously) have any parts that could be removed. I shipped it flat, wings open. I tried to secure the fuselage as much as I could because that's the most solid part. I used bubble wrap for a lot of the cushioning. Tried to trap the fuselage between the top and bottom of the box. According to the buyer the box top was caved in a little, maybe more than a little, probably from being stacked.It had no reinforcements used in the build like pegs or rods, so it popped apart where the parts were glued. I'm not trying to say it would be a simple fix, but it looked like a glue job mostly. I'm super unhappy that it came apart and sorry that the buyer will have to spend time fixing it because of my mistake.

I used usps. I insured it, so I'll see if I can make a claim to help with repairs.

I sent an Icons x-wing to the U.K. once by using a wardrobe moving box. In that case I sent it on end, resting on the engines. I used a pillow or two for cushioning. It made the trip ok.

Dang! I'm just finishing up an X-Wing to ship to someone and now I'm getting really nervous. I already told the customer that he is going to have to attach the cannons himself because there is no way they are going to make it there still attached. I made it so they attach with pins to make it easy.

Out of curiosity, what was your packing and shipping method?

Last edited:
Scott, When shipping funky shaped things, HAVE THE CARRIER DO THE PACKING and take out insurance. That way they are liable if its broken on arrival. I shipped an item, packed it awesomely. Buyer sent me a picture of tire tracks (from the delivery van). UPS said they are not responsible if they dont do the packing IE I packed it incorrectly.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back