Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Attachments

• Loners_Tee_Model.jpg
    Loners_Tee_Model.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 83
nick daring said:
This thread has messed up perception of what's actually on the real bike!

what do you mean by that?, there are several members on this thread that have devoted countless hours to research what is on the real bike, or you should have said "bikes", as there was more than one built, if someone doesn't use the the exact material for each piece doesn't mean their perception is "messed up", a lot of times it's an improvement, cause let me tell you, I've seen a few "real bikes" and they leave a lot to be desired, to say the least, are you implying that anybody that doesn't build a "screen correct" replica is going to burn in prop hell?, I guess you can count me in, because my "perception" is an idealized, shiny, bike that I'll be proud to ride!, not a hastily put together prop bike.

maybe you should think before you post.

that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
The the unaltered tiger head exists only on fan bikes and the poster bike.

The altered "lion" head is the only head that makes it into the movie.

I think that all the project bik photos with unaltered tiger heads come up in Google image searches and the artist just used one of those for reference.

Yes, I'll agree with you on that, I do see a lot of stock tiger sirens on bike builds, even the smaller housing version, either because that was all they could get, or they were afraid of ruining an expensive vintage siren trying to modify it, or they figured it was close enough and just happy to have one, there's only a handful of us willing to go the extra mile to get as close as possible with all the subtle details, because the average person isn't going to notice anyway, I have a stock schwinn straight bar deluxe hornet that happens to be red and white with a horn tank and delta rocket ray and I can't ride a mile without someone yelling "Pee-wee".

Last edited:
The seat post that came with my bike was 5/8 with a shim collar. After removing the post, I noticed that some of the weld blocked the full 13/16 diameter. Ideally I would like to use a 13/16 diameter seat post that tapers to 5/8. Has anyone had any issues with the weld inside the seat post hole?

Neat!, Tiger sirens for everyone!, Thanks to pioneers like Abe and Ed, and Dr. D in Cyprus for finding the mother load, and DB, i.e., Gregg for poppin' 'em out!, that's a big check off the list!

What I wanna know is where can I find one of the siren housing. I keep seeing all these different bike sirens and they all seem to have that same housing shape. I saw a photo of the box for one of the tiger sirens, and apparently there were a hole bunch of different animal head sirens produced.

Wow, first reply of the new year.

Welcome! Happy new year! There are indeed a few different animal heads that I've seen on the housings. Just recently I saw an E.T. face and a skull face that I believe someone on here purchased from eBay. You won't find just the housings for sale on ebay but there are some members on here that I'm sure wouldn't mind selling you a casting of just the housing (if that's all you're looking for). I bought one off Gregg (droidboy) and it's really nice! Peewee fan posted his siren from Gregg and it came out really nice. Check back a few pages and you'll find all your answers, everything is there! (Especially if you start from the beginning)

Welcome to the thread!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On another note, I wonder how many cantilever replicas there are. I remember seeing one in this thread somewhere in the middle, this one here and then there's the bike he rode in on in the 2011 Scream Awards
Pee-Wee-on-bike.png

I also wonder if anyone has used some spare parts and made the Tarzan swing bike with the straight frame.

There are plenty of bikes out there made with the wrong frame. Straight bars, columbias, hawthornes, chinese schwinns, even mountain bikes. The things you find on Google can be pretty hilarious. Most of the people on here use the correct frame, this is the Replica Prop Forum, after all. In the end, you should build whatever you want to build, out of whatever you want to build it with. Heck some people on here are making alternate universe versions, an evil X1, a blue one that Francis might have owned, etc. There's no wrong way.

Thanks, that gives me confidence, this being my first large scale independent project. I'm trying to build the bike with whatever I can get my hands on that will resemble the actual screen used parts. For me, it all depends on if my wallet will allow me.

The advice I always give to new builders is to take your time, and do things the right way the first time. Too often we end up spending more down the road redoing something we thought would be "good enough". Make sure that every part you put on your bike is the one you really want on there, accurate or not, because you're building this to make yourself happy. Don't try to convince yourself you'll be fine with something that you know isn't really what you want. There's no deadline here.

Good luck with your build, post pics when you get to that stage!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back