Watchmen props

I found that a replica of Comedian's laughing man belt buckle is available on www.comic-props.com I just ordered one and I'll post pics when I add it to my collection. Also, here is a picture of the End Is Nigh screen-used prop.
View attachment 14950
EDIT: Has anyone been able to separate their Rorschach gun from the base yet? I really want to do this if it's possible at all

Last edited:
It's possible, definitely. The problem is having it so you can mount it back on. I was planning on doing it, until I got the actual thing and saw it was hand numbered. I got scared at that point. :cry

EDIT: Also, nice shots! Color me interested in a journal definitely. Woulda posted the scans, but my scanner's been on the fritz.

Last edited:
Back before I was able to join in here, I had purchased the graphic novel a month before the movie. And after reading some of the "Under the Hood" segments, I was tempted to do a 1960s inspired paperback cover art design to be used for a prop. But since I came across a picture of the novel, apparently from the film, I decided not to proceed with it.

It is unfortunate nobody had posted anything from the Art of the Movie book. I just got it, but I'll try to get some scans for props like the Veidt hairspray label and Rorschach's calling card from the opening montage. There is also a good pic of the Sally Jupiter zippo. I have one question about this. If I trace that picture onto a zippo, what can i use so that it won't melt off when the lighter is lit?

I would get it but the only part that is accurate is the smiley face the shape and border of the main buckle is completly off :unsure

qft

Real buckle
1940ComedianBeltBuckle.jpg

comic-props buckle
40sComedianBelt.jpg

Probably the same color leather (or slightly darker) I use for my grail diaries. Here are some screencaps (kinda dark) that shows the cover:

ror-journ1.jpg

ror-journ2.jpg

Looking great! Definitely interested in one of those. :cool

Were you able to eyeball the measurements, or did you find somewhere that mentioned the size?

Great job on the movie journal.
I have mixed feelings about movie version considering that in the comic the writing is described as "either an elaborate cypher or handwriting too cramped and eccentric to be legible."
Then again Seymour seems to read it fine in issue 10. :confused

The Wolf

Great job on the movie journal.
I have mixed feelings about movie version considering that in the comic the writing is described as "either an elaborate cypher or handwriting too cramped and eccentric to be legible."
Then again Seymour seems to read it fine in issue 10. :confused

The Wolf

Maybe Seymour has the ability to read elaborate cypher or handwriting too cramped and eccentric to be legible...i always knew he was more powerful than first thought.

They explain that, though. Rorschach had two journals, the one the police confiscated when he was arrested, and the one that he hid with his spare costume. "Spare clothes. Spare face. Final draft of journal. Police only found rough notes."

So, I imagine he just had really bad note taking handwriting, and prettied it up for when he finalized it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back