Building a studio scale pod car

Not the only one...

This is AWESOME too!!!

It's great to see you building this, as with your other projects, totally from the ground up!

Al, Scott , Alan, thanks guys!! It's funny here at times, it's like your in a web-site with tumble weeds!:lol I don't need a million people to reply don't get me wrong, but when I look through the thread I see for the most part my friends that support it and me.:lol Of course I don't count but if you took away the friends I know are going to reply with support......I am pretty much talking to myself here!:lol There are a ton of members here after you subtract my small group of friends, I figured a scratch-built pod-car would be interesting....no? Maybe the subject sucks, or maybe people here are more motivated in kits that would come out of a scratch-build?

I mean I checked I didn't see 4 other threads where people were scratch-building SS pod-cars.:lol Oh well maybe when all the paint goes on and it's pretty it will be more interesting!!:lol

Of the 83 total here I had over 40 of them the rest of them for the most part were made up of close friends, the few others which I "appreciate" also only account for a fraction of people that pass through the SS forum!

So what I am saying is, what is my motivation to take the time to show my work through pictures at this site?:wacko I mean if I am for the most part speaking to myself, why post i am just taking my building time away.:thumbsdown

Don't be discouraged, it may just be the subject matter. The CC is like a minor supporting character, so it might not have a lot of interest. I love to watch your process of bringing this to life, even though I could take or leave the CC itself.

I also think a lot of it has to do with the fact this isn't a build that will be an eventual kit, so unless someone is building one themselves then they may not be that attracted to it.

But this thread is pure Studio Scale modeling to be sure.

Don't be discouraged, it may just be the subject matter. The CC is like a minor supporting character, so it might not have a lot of interest. I love to watch your process of bringing this to life, even though I could take or leave the CC itself.

I also think a lot of it has to do with the fact this isn't a build that will be an eventual kit, so unless someone is building one themselves then they may not be that attracted to it.

But this thread is pure Studio Scale modeling to be sure.

Ya Rich your one of the few that "get it"!:lol

Well I decided to make my own tubs but I did salvage some of the instrumentation out of the rear of the kit part.I also have started on the bottom canopy rail, I will have pics of the canopy roof later in the week.

Michael,

Looks awesome! Have you gotten the parts yet? I mailed them a few days ago...and plastic is always better than resin...lol

Isel

Michael,

Looks awesome! Have you gotten the parts yet? I mailed them a few days ago...and plastic is always better than resin...lol

Isel

Yes I did I left you a message somewhere......:lol Can't remember where E-mail or PM?Awsome I really appreciate the help and yes plastic is better than resin!!

Been working on the canopy roof, it's a pain because it's made up of 7 pieces they are all layered on top of each other!:angry:thumbsdown Another ILM booby trap!!:lol

Ok kind of finished with the roof.....damn putty soften up the roof a bit on the front!!!:angry I knew I should have slid the epoxy sculpt in there, oh well it can be fixed!!:$:thumbsup Next I will start building the roof supports this will be more fun I hope.....

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back