Batman comic costume

Scottyknuckles

So I have a cowl on the way and ideas on what to do for the cape, now I just need to get working on the suit. First off i really want this to be comic style, just like what you see in the short film Dead end... its really a great look imo.

So i need help, from the start where to find anything and everything that can get me looking like the guy from dead end.

I was thinking underarmor for the suit but i need help finding the right colour and stuff... so any help is great.

Thanks guys.

I have some spandex from Eastbay. I got a grey compression top and pants in a light grey. I dyed them a little darker grey because I thought it was too dark. They also have wrestling briefs in black. I still have all this only worn once or twice to try on from a costume I never finished if your interested in saving a little. If you order from them here's a good size reference. I'm almost 6ft 180 lbs and I got the medium shirt and pants. The briefs are XL though. Fits pretty well. If I could go back I'd get the compression pants in L.
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/prod...--16833195/cm--GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH/
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/prod...--16835195/cm--GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH/
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/prod...ku--019100/cm--GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH/
Best thing about these is they have no visible logos after the briefs are on.

Thanks man, any chance i could get some pictures of you wearing the stuff. I may be interested in purchasing it from you if it looks to be what i am in line for

Heres my comic Costume
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pittcanna/sets/72157609899653548/detail/

3055099110_5966818c86_b.jpg

3055101382_36820ac29b_b.jpg

3055095650_da760abed9_b.jpg

Got most of it from martin of comic-costumes as seen on ebay.

Yeah But that suit is WAY overpriced for what it is. Making one yourself or going thru the same website Comic-costumes gets his would be the best way to go, in the end you will pay a lot less.

You can also try your local fabric stores, they usually have a list of seamstrees that do custom work.

It is screen-printed (sub dyed if I remember correctly) with small bats as texture (exactly like the "brick" pattern over a Spidey suit)...:)

I suggest joining the Brotherhood of the Bat Forum. Lots of great folks with some expert knowledge regarding all things Bat related. :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that the Dead End Batman look was based on the Batsuit that Alex Ross had made to put his reference model in. Ross shows the making of that suit in the book Mythology: The DC Comics Artwork of Alex Ross. At least I think it was in that book. My copy is in a box in my garage because I'm moving soon, but I'll dig it out and make sure that's the place I saw it, if you'd like.
From what I remember, he used some fairly basic gray tights and the bat-symbol was airbrushed on in black (though CorpseGuy's printed compression suit is AWESOME). The cowl was a custom sculpt that was then cast essentially as a full-head prosthetic. The end result looks almost exactly like the Dead End suit. He also goes into how he did the boots and gloves and probably the belt as well.
Good luck with the suit!

I had heard was that the suit itself in Dead End was either Under Armor or something similar. I don't know how true that is. It seems to me like that would work just fine for a comic style Batman. In fact, if I decide to go this route for Halloween, I was thinking this would be the easiest way to go.

The hard part is spending so much more time in the gym :p

I like the printed suit... but I can't imagine that's cheap at all.

I would agree with checking the brotherhood of the bat.

This is what I did a few years back. It was inspired by the dead end costume too.

4619518103_4f3c0fc9ff_o.jpg

The suit is white under armor dyed with Rit Gray dye packets. The bat emblem is painted on using jacquard fabric paint. The belt is from a military surplus store and buckle is made out of foamies I cut and glued to the belt buckle. The fabric for the cape was picked up at a local jo-ann's in their upholstery section. I liked the weight and flow of the upholstery fabric over the clothing fabric.

You know... I can't even find the brotherhood anymore. The last time I checked it looked like it was no longer open. Can someone post a link?

Comic Costumes is just a $20 zentai suit he buys from China and re-sells for 5X the price.

This guy sells the sub dye suits. They are pricey, but worth it.
http://www.spidey4fun.com/

You can also get dance unitards from places like www.riversedgedancewear.com and use them. No logos and they are one piece.

Max at www.comic-props.com makes excellent belts. Comic costumes re-sells them on his site as well.

There's also a pleather Dracula cape out there that you can use for the cape. All you have to do is scallop it.

Wes

Back when Dead End came out, when the old BOTB was on ezboard, Sandy Collora was a member(manfromatlantis). When asked he said the suit was Under Armor and was custom dyed by A Dyeing Art. That's about as close to the source as you can get.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back