BSG Propworx Auction Archives - Catalog, Prices Realized, Images

Re: BSG Auction Link

Funny, you can get a watch just like Helo's for $30 on the 'bay or $600 if you want the screen used. The prop master even said they didn't modify it.

PS - For retail price you even get extra bands so you can put the black band on and it doubles as Cottle's.

Last edited:

Yeah. I am especially surprised at some of the selling prices for commercially available items that were not modified at all.

$500 for a pen. $1100 for a pair of glasses.

It would have to be an awfully meaningful pen for me to pay more than $50.

Yeah. I am especially surprised at some of the selling prices for commercially available items that were not modified at all.

$500 for a pen. $1100 for a pair of glasses.

It would have to be an awfully meaningful pen for me to pay more than $50.
I agree,

x " you see this ball point pen??? "

o " mmm yeah"

x " it was used on BSG"

o " Oh really?"

x " yes it cost me $600 and here is the COA"

o " wow i have one at home just like that"

I can understand your "real world" reasoning, but for those who could part with that kind of money for something like that, they don't really live in the same "real world" as the rest of us and they probably would have the space to accomodate it quite nicely. :unsure

Who the heck has room for the ships? I'm not surprised they didn't sell. Where are you gonna put one if you win it?

Oy! I didn't get to enjoy this today, I was out of town! Anyone know what the background costumes went for, or is that tomorro?

EDIT -

For some, its more of

"You see this pen light?"
"Ya..."
"This is DOC-COTTLES pen light. DOC COTTLE."
"Wha-hu?"
"This pen was ON GALACTICA. IN SPACE. And It belonged, to DOC COTTLE."

LOL. :p

Did anybody catch Dgasser, he did a interview and talked about his viper costume, thought it was pretty cool!

So what happened with the ships? What does 'passed' mean?

That was the term that was used on the Bidding application - when they didn't sell, instead of saying "SOLD", it said "PASSED".

The commentators were saying on the live video feed that since the ships didn't meet the reserve that they would be featured in the next BSG auction. They were also blaming the economy for the lack of interest.

Top bids on Saturday:

$14,000 for Starbuck's Viper Pilot flightsuit
StarbucksFlightSuit.jpg

$13,000 for Head Six's Red Dress
SixRedDress.jpg

$10,500 for Adama's Duty Blues
AdamasDutyBlues.jpg

$9,000 for Starbuck's Duty blues.
StarbucksDutyBlues.jpg

Last edited:

Here's the Raptor, the MK VIII Viper, and the Cylon Raider that didn't sell on Saturday:

Raptor.jpg

MKVIIIViper.jpg

CylonRaider.jpg

Last edited:

Three things I want to bid on:

Season1ClamshellBlasterRubber.jpg

Station14Phone.jpg

ThePlanSeason2FN5-7Resin.jpg

The blasters will probably be out of my reach, but I hope I can score one of the phones.

I'm itching for the second half of the auction to begin!
I wonder if they'll re-list the ships today?

That was the term that was used on the Bidding application - when they didn't sell, instead of saying "SOLD", it said "PASSED".

The commentators were saying on the live video feed that since the ships didn't meet the reserve that they would be featured in the next BSG auction. They were also blaming the economy for the lack of interest.

Personaly I don't think it has anything to do with the economy. Other auctions that have happened since the "Credit Crunch" have done well on high end items. It's more to do with BSG being "cult" viewing rather than mainstream viewing. If there had been a wider audience for the series then I think they probably would have sold.

The other prices being realised also reflect this . Looking at the costume estimates some went far below there expected prices. I think that is down to un-realistic estimates rather than the global credit crisis.

I did'nt watch the whole auction on line as I found the auctioneers to be too intense with their "bidder up" style so my opinion is based on what I saw and heard.

The other prices being realised also reflect this . Looking at the costume estimates some went far below there expected prices. I think that is down to un-realistic estimates rather than the global credit crisis.

I think you are right on the money and I think some of the items that did go high will never be able to be resold for anywhere near that price. It is just like most fads... hot today... on the clearance rack tomorrow...

What did the used Baltar hankies go for? I almost blew Pepsi out of my nose when the expert commentator said that they were probably not cleaned. Why can I sense through my PC the buyer remorse for some of the items....

Yeah - that made them real appealing - not!

I think the hankies went for $200 and they said something to the effect of "what a good deal" (snot and all). :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back