1/4 Superman Maquette finished. PHOTOS

This is turning out nice.

How much for these Maquettes???

CKING's painted Superman is awesome.
I agree about the Lip on the first head something seems a bit off.

Also, who did the Miniature Costume? AWESOME JOB... :D :D :D

AGAIN, LET ME REITERATE, they aren't for sale. Only a few were made for a small group of collectors and that's it. There are no more available.
This thread is a show off thread only.

They used to be, I checked my old email and found the offer from cking for quite a lot of $$$ plus shipping.

Too bad for others that wanted them, they are too late now.

Originally posted by streetjudge79@Apr 11 2006, 07:06 PM
AGAIN, LET ME REITERATE, they aren't for sale. Only a few were made for a small group of collectors and that's it. There are no more available.
This thread is a show off thread only.
[snapback]1224714[/snapback]​

I just don't want people getting the wrong idea that more are being made. They aren't. Whoever did not get in on the first and only run are unfortunately out of luck.

This piece is truley incredible ,well worth the money and then some. I bought one for my collection and just love it. Chris really did a great job producing this.

looks FANTASTIC....(and certainly better than the soon to be released Supes)
Honestly, does ANYBODY look at stills from the new movie and think that "that" guy is Superman??

That is absolutely wicked. Really shows what a good paint-job can do. It can make all the difference of whether a piece is considered a mere toy or a real collectible. Impressive.

Originally posted by DarthBish@Apr 12 2006, 01:14 PM
Honestly, does ANYBODY look at stills from the new movie and think that "that" guy is Superman??
[snapback]1224914[/snapback]​
Let's wait to judge until we've seen his performance.

As I recall, I have read that many didn't consider Chris Reeve to be Superman until after they saw the movie and also some formed their opinion over time, yet still, there are those who don't think he's Superman at all. I guess it is all down to personal preference.

To me, both on screen and off, Christopher Reeve WAS (and still is) Superman. :)

Originally posted by DarthBish@Apr 12 2006, 11:14 PM

Geez, dude - why bother with that? :cry If Chris Reeve's wife thinks Brandon is good, then no fanboys should bag him...

Awesome work with the Reeve Supes, guys. :D

Originally posted by CTF+Apr 12 2006, 12:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CTF @ Apr 12 2006, 12:15 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DarthBish
@Apr 12 2006, 11:14 PM

Geez, dude - why bother with that? :cry If Chris Reeve's wife thinks Brandon is good, then no fanboys should bag him...

[snapback]1224935[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah - you guys have no opinion now since Chris Reeve wife thought something other than what you did. I mean, C'mon, Dana has such exensive casting experiance and we all know she was the definitive Superman authority.
:rolleyes

Originally posted by Gruson@Apr 11 2006, 10:40 AM
Alright,

Here is CKING's painted Superman.  (mine is still being completed)

It looks VERY real IMO.  While the above paint job is just ok IMO, I think this one is awesome and really shows how nice this piece can look.

INCREDIBLE:

Pics:

J.C. Hong painted it. 

Nice, huh?  :)
[snapback]1224341[/snapback]​
Maybe it's just me, but there was a time when posting something like this was
considered INCREDIBLY rude & disrespectful to the original poster...

But again, maybe it's just me...

*ss*

Originally posted by Gruson@Apr 11 2006, 02:40 PM
Alright,

Here is CKING's painted Superman.  (mine is still being completed)

It looks VERY real IMO.  While the above paint job is just ok IMO, I think this one is awesome and really shows how nice this piece can look.

INCREDIBLE:

Pics:
Reeve1.jpg

Final-Costume1.jpg

J.C. Hong painted it. 

Nice, huh?  :)
[snapback]1224341[/snapback]​

There will always be only one Superman, and that my friends is it.

Yeah - you guys have no opinion now since Chris Reeve wife thought something other than what you did. I mean, C'mon, Dana has such exensive casting experiance and we all know she was the definitive Superman authority.

I love you, JB. :D Even if you don't think Harrison Ford made a good Indy. :p

Originally posted by CTF@Apr 13 2006, 03:03 AM

I love you, JB. :D Even if you don't think Harrison Ford made a good Indy. :p
[snapback]1225439[/snapback]​

:lol No No No - I never said that. I said the Tom Selleck Indy proto sketch is cooler than Harrison Ford.

Now back to the Superman figure --

Will these be ready by Summer?

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you like him streetjudge. Looks fantastic in the case with the base and plaque.

Sure, it was a hell of a long wait, but definitely worth it.

Jet Beetle - they are not available any more. Sorry about that.

Chris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back