Lets see your SS X-wing paint schemes

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
Lets see your SS X-wing paint schemes.

I've got a CC X-wing kit on the way and I want to decide on what Red # I want to paint, all I know is I don't want to do Red 5.

I have seen a couple here but I would like to see some different ones from different people.

I would like to see some referance pics and kit builds ups for Red 1,2,3,4, and 6.
You can through in Red 5 as well as it will give me some weathering ideas and such.

I just want to do different fighter then Lukes Red 5.

Lynn

Here is Red 2 I built and painted for a board member

15167330.jpg

15167339.jpg

15167519.jpg

Looking good guys!!
I've painted a couple Ertl X-wings that came out pretty nice, but I thought about getting the Fine molds to try it as well.
I'll probabl;y use the same methods on my CC X-wing..

This kit will look kit butt next to some ones SS TIE..
icon_wink.gif

I know more of you guys got them.....
Keep the pics coming!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Lynn

The carpet in that second piciture looks like a high-altitude shot over the Death Star (minus the shadow). Nice X-wing!

Here's mine... I finished a little over a year ago. It's red 4, but I didn't use any studio scale references for the painting and weathering; I liked the paint scheme on the 4 footer built for RTJ, so I tried to emulate that a bit. Just wanted it to look realistic...

Scratched the little targeting scope and added a whole lot of other detail to the intakes and cockpit.

http://www.nakedbrain.com/xwing.html

Enjoy!

Tim

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back