Anyone currently making the Judge Dredd comic book Lawgiver Mark I?

Jack T Chance

Sr Member
From looking at various topics here on the forums, I know that Termight Replicas makes a very nice replica of the Lawgiver Mark II from the Judge Dredd comics. I believe it's even an officially licensed replica, done with the approval of the comic's publisher.

And I'm also aware of the current project to make a high quality replica of the movie version of the Lawgiver Mark II, as used by Sylvester Stallone in the one and only Judge Dredd movie to be made so far (speaking of, what ever happened to the new movies that were supposed to be made, that were to be even more accurate to the comic book?!? :confused)

But what I still have yet to see is anyone making the ORIGINAL Lawgiver... or Law-Giver, as it was sometimes spelled in the early days... the comic's Lawgiver Mark I:

lawgiver1.jpg

Does anyone know of any prop makers that are currently making that version of the Lawgiver? I haven't personally seen any offered for AGES.

Last edited:
Charlie Towers and I came up with some designs for a lawgiver Mk I with a removable top mag and he did start working on a prototype before getting snowed under with paying work. I hope he finishes it one day.

Dan of Custom Creations made a Lawgiver Mk I a few years ago, along with a Mk II which is going to be used in the Judge Minty fan film.

I would love to be able to offer a licensed Mk I lawgiver, but it would need to be a high quality product with a design I'm happy with.

Many, many moons ago I started one. Based on a KG-9 capgun, I think. Added the half circular setting area, cut off the barrel shroud and added a new barrel. It was going to be the one with just one magazine, under the barrel. Still haven't finished it....

We not only did the Lawgiver but the whole comic book costume. I looking for a picture online. We did it before there was a movie. We is the costuming group Fyberdyne Laboratories.
Mark

www.fyberdyne.com Chick on the intro button and wait for the picture to change. There is a picture of 2 judges and some of the group. The picture is about ten years ago. That is me in the Green Lantren Costume. I too have a comic book Judge.
Mark

Sorry about 3 post all together. But if you go to the site, click on gallery and the chick on Mike there is his Movie street judge. Mike is Thermalized Plastics here on the board.
Mark

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back