Is this passing off a replica trooper helmet as original?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GINO

Sr Member
It was suggested that I start a new thread to discuss this matter so here it is.

Here is the original post that references this helmet:

I was lucky enough to pick this helmet up over the weekend. It came from an extra who worked on the set at Elstree. It is finished inside and has the chinstraps and liner, but has no decals nor painted areas. The lenses and trims are all original. It is in exceptional condition considering it is as old as me!

Click for bigger pics.

Joe

Here are my posts moved from the other thread:

I am of the mind that is not actually an original helmet, but rather a replica that you've made of the original you had before you sold it.

A lot of people are aware that you make molds of it and planned to produce replicas, including he people at propstore who I'm sure could back this up.

------

Here are some pm exchanges I've had with Joe over the last year about his run of helmets cast from the refurbished original helmet he sold to propstore without telling them he planned to offer a run.

PM #1
Gino
The forming has started I'm afraid buddy.
I'll send you pictures when I have them.

Joe

PM #2
Thank you.
I have been out of order.
In answer to the questions:
1. I am not friends with x, I needed an ear piece so I contacted him. He is already kicking off about money etc etc. He is bad news.
2. All I want is a run from the moulds to recoup the vast sum I spent on the helmet.
I would love to do something with you. My issues are getting hold of the moulds, they are still in London, I should be getting them back before Christmas.

PM #3
The moulds are being shipped to me at the end of this week or my father is going to pick them up from London next weekend if we can tie it it.
They have been stuck with this guy who has been working constantly on various films, hence the delay:
http://www.lifecast.co.uk/
He took the moulds from the helmet.

Joe

PM #4
I am now in possession of the ESB Stormtrooper helmet. It is in a very poor state but unlike the Jedi helmet untouched.
Whatever you think of me I am an expert at tracking down ultra rare original props.....

So, whatever happened to that original ESB trooper helmet?

I don't know much about this, but are those PM's not referring to a different helmet Joe owned?

This is an entirely different ROTJ lid Jow owns now, yes?

I don't see your point GINO?

Just for the record this is all sour grapes as I wouldn't get Gino involved in a run.

This is not a replica.

Jez who has handled double figures of original helmets has been through the numerous 'tells' in person on this helmet that match up to other originals he has handled.

Gino has only ever studied screencaps or pictures, he is an expert on replicas, but hardly has the credentials to comment on original helmets.

Jez can you please talk some sense into this crazed manic Gino, who is so rational he refuses to discuss TE on his forum:wacko That is like talking about the history of cars while refusing to mention Ford.

Joe

My point is that I believe that the helmet in Joe's recent show off thread is not actually another original helmet, but rather a replica of the refurbished original he used to own before selling it off to propstore.

For the love of pete... Looks legit to me... I blelieve him.

Last edited:
My point is that I believe that the helmet in Joe's recent show off thread is not actually another original helmet, but rather a replica of the refurbished original he used to own before selling it off to propstore.

This is rubbish and I can prove it, I just need others who have handled the helmet to chime in.

Joe

This is going to be a stupid question from a newb, but just how many original helmets are out there? The reason why I ask, is because if there is an accounting of the helmets, then there would obviously be a way to tell if this one is original or not.

Last edited:
Joe, I'm asking you point blank.

Did you ever plan to do a run of replica rotj trooper helmets cast from the original you used to own before you sold it to propstore?

PLEASE say no.

Proof?

You going to answer the question Joe?
Here it is again as it is the 3rd time I asked it with no response.

Joe, I'm asking you point blank.

Did you ever plan to do a run of replica rotj trooper helmets cast from the original you used to own before you sold it to propstore?

PLEASE say no.

Gino

I will not comment any further until Jez has posted.

This is simply ridiculous.

You are a strange individual Gino, and I can't fathom you out.

Joe

This thread was questioning whether this helmet is original.

You have yet to provide any evidence to the contrary.

I would like Brandon Alinger/Stephen Lane/Jez to comment and put this ill-informed nonsense to bed.

Joe

Are you not going to answer?
Should I just post all the emails and PMs.
I almost feel like I have to seeing as it appears there are some who don't believe me.

You going to be a man and answer the question?
Last chance.

Still not answering the question.
Wonder why?

I wanted to do a run yes, that proves nothing, it never happened, it was no secret. The moulds were destroyed.

Can I please see some evidence that this is a replica? Let's have a point by point analysis showing why it is a replica.

Is anyone else getting tired of this nonsense:lol

Joe

If he made molds of the helmet when he owned it and was going to offer replicas from those molds, the problem would have been what?

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back