Original ESB Walker Pilot Helmet

Wow Jez, you did it again, thanks a million for the wicked pics!

I'm presently correcting my snowtrooper but when that's done I'll consider doing the same with my AT-AT driver.

Cheers mate,
Pontus

Kinda late to the party, but awesome find! The gray/white debate reminds me of the coat Han had on Hoth, where people swore it was blue, when it actually wasn't.

As far as the argument about what the "public expects to see", I don't think that holds much water.

It's almost 30 years later and they got about what? Maybe a minute total of screen time? I'm thinking the majority of the public won't even remember them at all, rather than whether they were gray or white. None of them seem to say anything when they see the Shadowtrooper, Shadow Scout, Shadow- [insert name here], and they weren't even seen in the films.

If it ended up the TK's were actually gray, maybe you'd have a point- but not a character that got so little screen time.

hope this helps...someone :lol its a shot of mine repainted next to a sheet of plain white card for contrast, taken outside in daylight

:lol Your plain white card looks light grey on my monitor.
The joys of trying to colour match something without having the actual item right next to you! I went through similar frustrations with my Superman the Movie costume replica!

Nice work on your replica Jez!

Chris

It does doesnt it, I think its a combination of a crap camera (my beloved Nokia :lol) and I also think its a bit of an optical illusion, colour matching is fun, try painting an ESB Boba Fett helmet! :confused

I had thought about it, they were trimmed out when I bought the kit unfortunately, shouldn't be too hard to do

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back