Red Dawn Wolverine Costume

Skaught

Sr Member
I loved this movie as a kid, and recently I've been thinking about doing a Wolverine costume. I tried to get some local people interested in a group thing, but I guess I'm alone in my fandom. :( Sort of obscure I guess, but I think enough people would recognize it to be fun. Here are some various costume options:

wolverines.jpg

A Patrick Swayze costume with he long coat, the hoodie and the bandana:
red-dawn.jpg

red-dawn.jpg

A female could do the beret look:
285.red.dawn.082807.jpg

1104258330_ALeause.jpg

red_dawn_movie_image__4_.jpg

Or the blue jacket Jennifer Gray wore:
red_dawn-jen.jpg

The "WOLVERINES!" guy would be cool:
wolverines.jpg

This would be another good suit, C. Thomas Howell's last stand:
reddawnroberttt.jpg

I'm going for the Charlie Sheen paratrooper coverall costume. I could just buy the screen used suit here: http://hollywoodmoviecostumes.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=32&products_id=44

But that's a bit more than I want to spend. The camo was custom made for the film, based on what they thought the Soviets were wearing at the time, so without a screen used suit you can't be 100% accurate, but there are surplus suits that look close enough. I read that the prop store use to sell them for $100 a piece. They must be down to their last suit.

I picked up a metal airsoft style AK-47 today, and I'll see about making some replica RPG rockets to put in a backpack (if not the entire launcher). All I need now is to figure out how to buy or make the fur hat!

Scott

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back