Batman '89 grapple line

gregday

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Although the focus of my collection is Batman Begins, I couldn't help but pick up this awesome steel and aluminum spear dart from Guido. But it had a solid, smooth, metal bolt coming out of the back. It was just begging for some way to attach a line. So I finally figured out the obvious solution and replaced the bolt with an eye bolt. Then I threaded some thin gauge steel cable through the eye and crimped a ferrule down onto it. Now, since parts of the spear are aluminum and the cable is awfully thin, I doubt it's ability to actually hold someone up, but it's still nice to look at. The cool part is I bought several eye bolts at this size, so I can thread them with various types of cable and rope, and unscrew and replace them on the grapple dart easily. Now I just need a couple of spare darts...

100_4641.JPG

100_4646.JPG

Cool display idea Greg! Were you looking for something to go on the shelf until you get those awesome gauntlets?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back