Batman 89 Weapons Gallery

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With all the 89 Batman love I wanted to gather all my 89 gear together in a single photo. I know it's not a cool Vault Door (not yet anyway). But I'm really proud to say I 3D modeled and built everything here. I know there's a couple things missing (ahem, batarang), but I hope I make up for it with a few more rare items.

IMG_1234.jpeg
IMG_1235.jpeg
IMG_1236.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful!! Frankly, the batarang is too simple for someone of your skill. It's time for you to move to Batman Returns!! Incredible work. Have you decided how you're going to display them?

Beautiful!! Frankly, the batarang is too simple for someone of your skill. It's time for you to move to Batman Returns!! Incredible work. Have you decided how you're going to display them?
Thanks. Actually, the complexity of actually getting the Batarang "right" is what keeps me from tacking it. There's lots of asymmetry and wonkiness. For display right now these all sit on a shelf together because I pick them up all the time. I would love a Vault door but honestly that feels a bit too permanent for my taste.

Beauty all around Valor :cool: :cool: (y) (y) :notworthy: :notworthy: I think that you need a revolving vault door since you like to touch/play with those incredible props!!:p;)

Mine are on display and I still take them down to show them to people (and play with them).

Looking at your picture I do have a question. In the scene in access chemicals Batman throws down a smoke capsule... your top one looks like it has a launcher that attaches to the grapple. That's really cool, is it in some behind the scenes stuff because I've never noticed it in the film.

Mine are on display and I still take them down to show them to people (and play with them).

Looking at your picture I do have a question. In the scene in access chemicals Batman throws down a smoke capsule... your top one looks like it has a launcher that attaches to the grapple. That's really cool, is it in some behind the scenes stuff because I've never noticed it in the film.
Nope, that's my own idea. The Capsules always kinda looked like projectiles to me. I presumed he would have a launcher attachment for them :)

Did you make a thread on your Bat communicator? I don't think I saw closeups on that yet! Does it extend?!?

Can't wait for more! Totally a dream come true seeing this all come together.

I would be in if you made an accurate bat bomb. The one in my collection is a free Thingiverse model. It's very inaccurate, but fill a void in my collection. I've been wanting to model it myself, but so many projects in the works and there is never enough time!!

I've been wanting a Colt New Service revolver to make a working bang gun for ages.

Same. The thing that gets me is how to make it work like it does in the movie. The hammer cocks and the cylinder cycles (I think), and that all somehow shoots the flag out. I honestly don't know how to go about that with just springs.

Maybe put a little piston in each chamber of the cylinder. When the hammer knocks against the piston it trips a spring loaded rod loacated in that barrel.

If you got rid of the need to cycle the cylinder you have an extra inch and a half to gget that spring set up working right.

I've got some old sketchs somewhere trying to figure out a mechansim that'd have a nice satisfying real life "click" as the rod snaps forward and could also be easily reset without too much fuss.

Fun to think about.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back