Timelord screen used props!

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
We did a location shot at Saxbys coffee in Henderson tonight. Bad news! Filming is going to be set back a couple of months as our origional actress who was playing "Violet" had to pull out of the project. She was the major of four companions, so all of her scenes have to be reshot with our new actress. Our new Violet is doing a fine job, she just needs to get her feel for the role. So, without going into too much detail about it, here are the props that were used in tonight's shoot. We used our sonic screwdriver which was re-created for us by Cory White. The money was created by our very own and highly talented TimDrakeRobin. We printed it on both sides on cotton paper and did some wrinkling to it. The last is a pocket watch that was purchased from a department store.
Darren hit the role running, feeding off the new Violet in our cafe scene tonight. (I think he wanted to re-do that scene anyway) He is turning out to be a great Doctor. His favorite Doctor's are Tom Baker and Christopher Eccleston, though I did see a bit of Tennant show up tonight.:lol
Though, he is not doing an impersonation of any previous Doctor, he is doing his own interpretation.
We finally settled on a domain name and are going to buy it and get the website built. We will be shooting another location shoot next weekend. We have to go back to Saxbys to film another scene (4 pages) and then do a couple of pick up shots. So, enjoy the pics......
Props2.jpg

Props6.jpg

Props3.jpg

Update. I wasn't there, but Darren emailed me some pics. They aren't the best quality, but it's some behind the scenes stuff. Basically the only other screen used items this time around were the other two denominations of money and another "can't show you right now" prop. :lol

Here are a few pics of what they got tonoght.

Set dressing.....AKA frozen pankakes...
IMG00003-3.jpg

Darren and Hailee going over some lines...
IMG00012-1.jpg

Samantha behind the scenes....
IMG00005-1.jpg

Darren getting some last minute instructions....
IMG00021.jpg

Our Director, Mike setting up ligthing...
IMG00002-2.jpg

That's about it, but, I am told we had a set visitor, so please.....post away!

Thanks,
Thad

Last edited:
Very nice ! :) Is it a fanfilm or are you involved in the actual production?

And I see a very nice JVC-GY-HD110 Camera standing over there. :love We have one at work, great camera!

I got to visit the set yesterday and I was really impressed with it! Heres a little write up I did.

A Day on the Set of Doctor Who :

I arrived on the set at 3pm. The production had already began setting up lighting equipment and brought out the camera. I noticed from the start that this was much more than your average FanFilm.

I found Darren (the Doctor) and Mike the Director and introduced myself. Both really nice guys. They briefed me on the shot they were preparing to film and showed me the different props being used. The screwdriver in itself was very impressive! I loved the fact that they had made their own money as well!

Photo1.jpg

I got out of their way so that rehearsal could comense. While they were going over their lines I was really impressed with the chemistry between the three actors. Thats hard to come by. I just couldn't get over how professional this all was. Usually when you think FanFilm, The image comes to mind of two or three guys in their basement or garage with cardboard sets. This was nothing of the sort. In fact, If it weren't for the fact of copyright infringements, I wouldn't even call this a FanFilm.

Photo4.jpg

At about 4:25, the shot gets wrapped up and Darren gets up to talk the reluctant Store worker into acting out the role of, you guessed it, the Store worker!

Photo2.jpg

Mike the director had moved the the equipment over the counter area at just about the same time that Darren managed to convince the girl to do the part. By 4:45 the scene was shot and it was time for a few cast shots!

Over all it was an amazing experience! I feel very honored to have been able to catch a glimpse of the making of this project and would be very willing to do it again.

photo3.jpg

The Doctor sporting my recently finished Scarf and Hat.

Hope you enjoy the write up!

-Mike

Mike,
Thank you for that review. Darren gave me your email address, look for something in your inbox soon! Just one quick question. You addressed the production values, but how about the acting? Do you think Darren has the right to hold the title 'Doctor'?
Thanks.

Darren did very well. He has his own unique character to the Doctor as well as portraying the previous actors version of him. He serious yet somewhat playful at the same time. I can't wait to see how he handles other situations!

-Mike

Here's another little bit.

Just a couple more props.

First up, the converted sonic screwdriver. Though it's not being used by the Doctor!

IMG00001-3.jpg

IMG00007-1.jpg

And, a little something found at Area 51.......

IMG00001-2.jpg

IMG00013-1.jpg

IMG00011-1.jpg

We won't be doing any more filming untill Mid January. In the meantime we'll be finishing up the Tardis console room set and getting some green screening in on a few shots.

Untill then, one more tease.....

IMG00019.jpg

Got to do some work on the console tonight. Not done yet. I will be doing some trim work on the edges. The time rotor on top is still in question.....

Front shot. The empty panel facing us will have a green screen panel and a few bits and bobs on it.

IMG00007.jpg

This side will have a LCD panel added to it, along with another panel.

IMG00009-1.jpg

This side is pretty much as it will be.

IMG00008-1.jpg

Still so much to do.....but closer!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back