Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    6 Days Ago  Sep 15, 2018, 11:10 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #26

Thanks guys!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    6 Days Ago  Sep 15, 2018, 11:51 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #27

Joek3rr said: View Post
    Hey @halliwax did you see Khal's video where he said he replaced the nylon set screws on his V2 with spring detent ones? I'm thinking about doing the same thing, I just have no idea where to find them at
    when i watched it i was under the impression he didnt replace his, he found some and decided to stay with the nylon. i personally with be using stainless screws, with white lithium grease in the locking grooves in the ring section.

i hear ya on finding small metric screws.. i contacted a HUGE supplier in my area who supplies are large part of the country and they didnt have them on the shelf, nor in their computer system and would have to had found a outside source to get them (china)

crazy...
    6 Days Ago  Sep 15, 2018, 12:14 PM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #28

halliwax said: View Post
    when i watched it i was under the impression he didnt replace his, he found some and decided to stay with the nylon. i personally with be using stainless screws, with white lithium grease in the locking grooves in the ring section.

i hear ya on finding small metric screws.. i contacted a HUGE supplier in my area who supplies are large part of the country and they didnt have them on the shelf, nor in their computer system and would have to had found a outside source to get them (china)

crazy...
    You'll have to tell me how that works out for you, I'm not a super fan of the nylon screws

Here's his video about his complete build. Look for Adam Wells's question and Khal's reply
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    6 Days Ago  Sep 15, 2018, 9:19 PM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #29

You'll have to tell me how that works out for you, I'm not a super fan of the nylon screws

Here's his video about his complete build. Look for Adam Wells's question and Khal's reply
    https://youtu.be/NgX4_OGkFNQ
    Son of a gun!! Joker now you got me wanting to try these spring loaded grub screws... 6mm it looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 12:00 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #30

Son of a gun!! Joker now you got me wanting to try these spring loaded grub screws... 6mm it looks like?

Sorry..................I think

Yeah, in the comment section he said 6mm.

I just saw your unboxing video, I think the clamp is from 89 Sabers, the guy he partnered with for his Graflex kits.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 6:54 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #31

Sorry..................I think

Yeah, in the comment section he said 6mm.

I just saw your unboxing video, I think the clamp is from 89 Sabers, the guy he partnered with for his Graflex kits.
    I need to update my description box, I contacted khal. I tell ya he’s got great customer service even being a 5 hour time difference he always replies almost instantly

He confirmed the clamp was 89sabers, and the lever he made himself

I never saw a 89sabers clamp before

I have been on a set screw mission the few days finally found everything I need for the v3. Now I JUST found spring loaded screws on eBay

Search “ball plunger set screw” or “ball plunger grub screw”

Seems like “ball plunger” is the trick, I also found 6mm screws. But think I’m going to drill and tap my own new holes so I can clock the emitter into Brandon’s Facebook profile picture.

There are 2 paint chips I really really like on the emitter and want them clocked into the right orientation

5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 8:16 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #32

I need to update my description box, I contacted khal. I tell ya he’s got great customer service even being a 5 hour time difference he always replies almost instantly

He confirmed the clamp was 89sabers, and the lever he made himself

I never saw a 89sabers clamp before

I have been on a set screw mission the few days finally found everything I need for the v3. Now I JUST found spring loaded screws on eBay

Search “ball plunger set screw” or “ball plunger grub screw”

Seems like “ball plunger” is the trick, I also found 6mm screws. But think I’m going to drill and tap my own new holes so I can clock the emitter into Brandon’s Facebook profile picture.

There are 2 paint chips I really really like on the emitter and want them clocked into the right orientation

Awesome! I'm going to hit up local hardware stores first and see what I can find.

I'm not personally worried about the orientation of things, particularly since everything seems to shift from scene to scene. But I love your commitment!

So thats 6mm long? I forget how set screws are measured. Do you happen to know the diameter, and thread pitch?

Off topic, but we are getting a habor freight where I live!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 8:21 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #33

Awesome! I'm going to hit up local hardware stores first and see what I can find.

I'm not personally worried about the orientation of things, particularly since everything seems to shift from scene to scene. But I love your commitment!

So thats 6mm long? I forget how set screws are measured. Do you happen to know the diameter, and thread pitch?

Off topic, but we are getting a habor freight where I live!
    Harbor freight is alright, I only buy certain things from there. Basically stuff I’m not worried will break and throw away lol. Stuff that’s cheap enough you don’t care if it breaks, Lowe’s is my number one spot, plus I got a curse on a girl who works there

Anyway, I have had zero luck finding any kind of metric screw at Lowe’s homedepot, ace hardware, and a very old lumberyard 2 towns away from me who has a nut and bolt section that is bigger then Lowe’s, Home Depot and ace put together.. honest to god. I need to take a picture next time I’m there..

And scary enough, fastenall... which is a HUGE nut and bolt company which has a HUGE warehouse... they have everything. And when they didn’t have 2.5mm grub screws I knew I was “screwed”

I found what I needed on eBay, so now it’s a waiting game..

I find it completely amazing how hard it is to get these smaller metric screws here in the states... mind blowing really...

Most places here don’t stock anything under 4mm.... finding 3mm set screws was a chore itself..

Let me know if you find anything.

5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 9:53 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #34

Harbor freight is alright, I only buy certain things from there. Basically stuff I’m not worried will break and throw away lol. Stuff that’s cheap enough you don’t care if it breaks, Lowe’s is my number one spot, plus I got a curse on a girl who works there

Anyway, I have had zero luck finding any kind of metric screw at Lowe’s homedepot, ace hardware, and a very old lumberyard 2 towns away from me who has a nut and bolt section that is bigger then Lowe’s, Home Depot and ace put together.. honest to god. I need to take a picture next time I’m there..

And scary enough, fastenall... which is a HUGE nut and bolt company which has a HUGE warehouse... they have everything. And when they didn’t have 2.5mm grub screws I knew I was “screwed”

I found what I needed on eBay, so now it’s a waiting game..

I find it completely amazing how hard it is to get these smaller metric screws here in the states... mind blowing really...

Most places here don’t stock anything under 4mm.... finding 3mm set screws was a chore itself..

Let me know if you find anything.

So my ever helpful father suggested I check MSC Direct, they have a very large selection, and Fastenal also carries alot. Check online that is. The only thing is, I don't know if they sell straight to the consumer.
  10. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 11:16 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #35

So my ever helpful father suggested I check MSC Direct, they have a very large selection, and Fastenal also carries alot. Check online that is. The only thing is, I don't know if they sell straight to the consumer.
    When mcmastercarr doesn’t have it you know your screwed

5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 12:16 PM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #36

Do all of the first run Anakin Starkiller sabers have this line?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saberxx.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	843109
  12. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 4:33 PM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #37

Clutch said: View Post
    Do all of the first run Anakin Starkiller sabers have this line?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saberxx.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	843109
    First I’ve ever seen of that, did you buy that in the junkyard?

5 Days Ago  Sep 16, 2018, 6:17 PM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #38

Yeah, it's the one Panaflex sold. It is like the area toward the clamp is a tiny bit higher and rougher like it stopped in the middle of the last pass on the lathe or whatever was used. No biggie since it will be mostly covered with paint anyway.
    4 Days Ago  Sep 17, 2018, 3:42 PM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #39

Nice!! I too was able to grab one of khals V2’s!!

https://youtu.be/vm5CbdLQ3gg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c29805172a.jpg

I was fooling around last night accurizing the ring section

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c3715a32dc.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e0b91d4129.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ef5739352c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b1cf285500.jpg

Chassis and the finish crystal chamber parts should be here next week. Couldn’t for the life of me find a 0.8mm wrench...

I’ve been having a hell of a time this past week with finding small metric stuff..

You have any luck finding one here in the states?

Do you plan on modifying your blade plug at all?
  15. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    3 Days Ago  Sep 18, 2018, 8:04 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #40

Do you plan on modifying your blade plug at all?
    lol already did that I don’t have much free time for my own props right now. Working on clients V2’s

In between acid dipping and painting I get to play in random stuff

I am also working on a builders kit tutorial (waiting on the last screws to show up) and starting another build log of all the stuff I’ve worked on, keeping it all in one place for better organization

I’ve done a lot for a client this past winter. Really kept my head above water, e11, esb Vader, korbanth crossguard (BIG mods to that) warmachine dl-44, the list continues.

This KR V2 will get my accurized treatment, gotta drill matching opposing holes in the nipple and emitter, my nipple upgrade, cone knob upgrade, clamp card upgrade

A lot of upgrades! Lol chamber parts should be here next week

3 Days Ago  Sep 18, 2018, 8:09 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #41

lol already did that I don’t have much free time for my own props right now. Working on clients V2’s

In between acid dipping and painting I get to play in random stuff

I am also working on a builders kit tutorial (waiting on the last screws to show up) and starting another build log of all the stuff I’ve worked on, keeping it all in one place for better organization

I’ve done a lot for a client this past winter. Really kept my head above water, e11, esb Vader, korbanth crossguard (BIG mods to that) warmachine dl-44, the list continues.

This KR V2 will get my accurized treatment, gotta drill matching opposing holes in the nipple and emitter, my nipple upgrade, cone knob upgrade, clamp card upgrade

A lot of upgrades! Lol chamber parts should be here next week

Wonderful! When are you going to change your name to halliwax- master of V2s?

I wish I had all the tools to be able to freely monkey with my sabers
  17. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    3 Days Ago  Sep 18, 2018, 8:20 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #42

Wonderful! When are you going to change your name to halliwax- master of V2s?

I wish I had all the tools to be able to freely monkey with my sabers
    I’m far from a master, way more talented guys on here then me. But I appreciate the comment

From
    Germany
    3 Days Ago  Sep 18, 2018, 8:43 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #43

Which version do you consider the most accurate to get as a V2 newcomer?

I do like the Solos Hold one as it seems pretty though through for an FX conversion...
    Any suggestions? Seems like this thread is the right place to ask.
    3 Days Ago  Sep 18, 2018, 9:44 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #44

scide said: View Post
    Which version do you consider the most accurate to get as a V2 newcomer?
    I think Jordan of SoCal Sabers likes the RPK the best, and it's the only one available right now (unless Anakin Starkiller still has some), but we're also waiting for the next Solo's Hold version, which looks like it might turn out to be the best one readily available, but at a premium of $100 over the RPK
  20. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    3 Days Ago  Sep 18, 2018, 11:59 AM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #45

I have some. Check out my "builders kit" thread. Plenty to go around
  21. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    3 Days Ago  Sep 18, 2018, 12:12 PM - Luke V2 showoff thread #46

Let’s not derail this thread with comparisons...

I have gotten a few PMs to do a comparison video of all of them, and I won’t do it. I have always found it distasteful and not fair.. what I mean by that is

Each one of these V2’s were built in a different time, when during that time we didn’t have the knowledge and reference we have today.

So claiming one v2 is more accurate then another when the other was made 3 years ago... isn’t very fair...

I may not believe in saying “this one is better then that one” but all you have to do is look at my work bench and it will show you who I support

Last edited by halliwax; 3 Days Ago at 4:51 PM.
    3 Days Ago  Sep 18, 2018, 2:28 PM - Re: Luke V2 showoff thread #47

Looking good! Can't wait to start on this myself