Tom’s Relby K-23 Bespin Guard blaster

ahh yay thank you!

I actually really enjoyed cutting and shaping that piece with the dots on it, I remember a time when cutting any metal was daunting for me

I had some help from the SO today - we used red testors and rustoleum satin black to paint on some details. from the 3-4 pictures out there, we used the one with the most detail. I think the black part near the rear on the right side was just flaked off paint but I liked the dark surrounding the red.

Attachments

• Relbydetails.jpg
    Relbydetails.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 94
Oops I forgot, Dan the artist above helped me out with a flash hider and some gears and stirrer/cone pieces :)

I found another pic from todays work. it was messy using a brush

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_13cc.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13cc.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
I am restarting this project with some new scuba guns! And eethan made the kit. He specially made some gears for me that match my reference.

I lost the triggers for… at least 6 months. My life went to pieces and they got lost in the scuffle, I finally found them and re-worked the trigger to work without the air canister.

I broke a 4-40 tap again. I tapped the m2.5 threaded trigger thingy for 4-40 because I just have those screws.. but then tapping the plastic was too much, SNAP

So I used a wood screw into the trigger rod hole.

The spring? From a TC-67 cassette recorder used in ESB!

I also made the full sized greeblie from esb, and I have casts available of my quick scratch build, for what it’s worth.
802C0424-CF6C-43B8-96AF-BDCE7B697715.jpeg
4D12BD45-1DC6-420C-8DCD-39772EE50AD5.jpeg
EA3E8CA7-6078-4F21-8B38-099D01039D17.jpeg
658D2075-80D7-492B-9DAA-AF3E33471677.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looking forward to see what you do with this!
I have finally applied some bondo to my own Nemrod writtings after more than 6 months. it has been drying now for more than 3 days again, hopefully it will not take another 6 months for me to sand this!

Looking forward to see what you do with this!
I have finally applied some bondo to my own Nemrod writtings after more than 6 months. it has been drying now for more than 3 days again, hopefully it will not take another 6 months for me to sand this!
Halliwax had said that the humidity/moisture in the air is a big factor in curing anything. If you’re in dry air, should be within a week!!!

I really want to add some little set screws for the front sight and tube, I just enjoy doing that lol

Halliwax had said that the humidity/moisture in the air is a big factor in curing anything. If you’re in dry air, should be within a week!!!

I really want to add some little set screws for the front sight and tube, I just enjoy doing that lol
Ahah sorry, it's dry already, I just meant this is the first thing I had the time to do in 6 months and now it's already been more than three days that I haven't touched it again!
I hope your project will go faster :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back