Ontario Con problem

Dr Jones Sr

Sr Member
Today I drove to Ontario to attend their convention, which is called Ontario Comic Revolution.

With all the Cons I had previously attended I purchased the tickets in advance and arrived early.

Today I planned to purchase my ticket at the door, and due to a band rehearsal in the morning I didn't arrived until around 1pm.

I'm very glad I did NOT purchase my ticket in advance!

All the parking lots on one side of the Convention Center said FULL and there were signs directing up to keep going around the Center.

On the other side of the Center the signs also said FULL and there was a sign directing us to park across the street.

The string of cars I was in all made a U turn to get to the other side of the street, but all the entrances to the parking lot across the street were blocked off and signs directed us to continue down the street.

We did... but then discovered that the street had become an on-ramp to Interstate 10! So the signs were directing us to get on the Freeway and leave town!

I kept on driving, and returned home.

I am amazed at how poorly run this Con was. There were no parking employees to direct us where to park. Perhaps there was no place to park!

Which is inexcusable because the area has tons of other parking lots around, for example not all that far away is the Ontario Airport.

WonderCon in Anaheim contracts out the vast parking lot for the nearby hockey stadium, and runs free shuttles back and forth.

Ontario really needs to figure out how to operate a big Con.

Sounds like they took planning advice from C2E2 this year. They too had a con with no parking at all. Most people had to street park or find someplace far away and then take a cab or train to the convention hall.

Sounds as bad as Phoenix Comicon, the bafoons who run ticketing sales the day of are utterly clueless. The last few years the ticketing has been such a mess I've almost stopped going altogether. Last year it was chaos, got into one of the halls and the lines were all over the place, no one knew where the lines started and ended, no lines, ropes, absolutely no organization. I don't know what's happened to them and why they can't be more efficient, but it's really killed the experience of going.

OK. That really sucks. However...
Hah hah! That sounds hilarious. Reminds me of "This way to the Egress". Was it run by Barnum?

Yea your lucky you didn’t waste your money. I went to the first one last year and it was barely even worth going to for free lol. Didn’t bother this year. Guess the had slightly better guests this time but after what I saw before it just isn’t worth it and I live 15 mins away. Really hoped it would do well and maybe that’s the problem that people don’t even give it chance to succeed but it just feels like a poor mans Long Beach Comic Con which isn’t great either.
Maybe if they make it to next year I’ll try again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you purchased your ticket ahead of time you had a 20-40 minute wait in line to get the wristband. If you for your tickets at the door ($5 more) you walked right in. It was back-assward

I spite of everything I think I'll try to attend next year.

Thanks for the warning about purchasing tickets online- I'll purchase at the door.

I'll arrive early so I can get a parking spot.

Sounds as bad as Phoenix Comicon, the buffoons who run ticketing sales the day of are utterly clueless.

That's awesome, buffoon is a great word that people don't use often enough.

I've only been to Phoenix Comic Con once, in 2016, and it wasn't so bad. Yes the line was outside in the heat and it took around an hour to get inside, but I had waited an hour every year at LA Anime Expo for years. (Later when I began attending other Cons I found out that most are run much better than Anime Expo.)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back