Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

Britcinescribe;[URL="tel:4467328" said:
4467328[/URL]]What’s your light source for this? Are you running the lights out through that hole behind the lower cannon?

I going to do multiple light sources... I'm running it back behind the quad cannons and through the floor of the docking bay.

Had you considered running them out of the peculiar “tubes” connected up into the underside maintenance alcoves? Clearly, they were practical props on set (both on the Death Star and in Bay 94) to help keep the full size prop standing as the landing gear at the front likely didn’t cut it. But, you could use that and keep the model authentic, as opposed to having an unsightly bunch of cables beneath the guns?

Had you considered running them out of the peculiar “tubes” connected up into the underside maintenance alcoves? Clearly, they were practical props on set (both on the Death Star and in Bay 94) to help keep the full size prop standing as the landing gear at the front likely didn’t cut it. But, you could use that and keep the model authentic, as opposed to having an unsightly bunch of cables beneath the guns?

I had considered that and may still go that route... Where I pulled them through now could be permanent or just temporary. I just did it to get them out of the way. Looking at reference photos, pulling it through the front, lower right maintenance bay should work just as well and allow me to 'hide' the lighting wires disguised as refueling hoses. I should have the little bits and pieces from age of plastic sometime soon. That'll get things moving along better with the overall layout of docking bay 94. I do want to maintain authenticity and get everything as close to the original set piece as possible.

-Kris

btw: Solo was amazing... and the surprises... just as amazing... so excited for future Star Wars movies and models!

I saw Solo last night. I was massively underwhelmed with it (horrible music), but there’s some nice visuals and bits and pieces here I liked. Way better than Last Jedi, but fairly low on my rankings. Love everything to do with the Falcon. I’d really like to make a model of one of those Imperial haulers, with the heavy armour scout walker. It’ll be great if Bandai brought one of those out, but I’m still waiting for some Rogue One Zeta cargo shuttles from them, so it’s probably not high on their list of things to do…!

2B08D3BC-90F9-4389-A222-6FCF13593E67.jpeg062EB106-32D8-4525-A3DA-65C7106D45AB.jpeg

Those Rogue One Zeta cargo shuttles were wonderful- I have seen a garage kit of them but also hope Bandai puts them into their production queue.

Definitely going to get one of the New/Old Falcon kits when they hit the shelves, will be seeing the film in a couple of weeks when life calms down some.

I was inspired by this post to get the Bandai falcon just to put next to my 1/350 Enterprise. Holy cow is this small. My hat is off to you for putting the fine work into this that you have. I hope mine is any where near it. The detail in this little thing is also amazing. Makes me wonder why round 2 couldn’t put finer grid lines on their saucers.

I was inspired by this post to get the Bandai falcon just to put next to my 1/350 Enterprise. Holy cow is this small. My hat is off to you for putting the fine work into this that you have. I hope mine is any where near it. The detail in this little thing is also amazing. Makes me wonder why round 2 couldn’t put finer grid lines on their saucers.

Thanks, Mark! It is tiny... and that's what I love about it. The challenge is something I really like about it. It just goes to show how refined Bandai's injection mold tech is.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back