Deadpool Replica Costume - Leather two-way stretch

TalosRex

Finally decided to get started on my replica build for Deadpool. I did a ton of research to figure out what the material was - I even called the studio directly - but decided the two way stretch leather I have access to would be less of a hassle than 3d printing high def silicone patterns on some 4 way stretch material etc etc for who knows how much that would cost.

Any tips along the way GREATLY appreciated but for those of you who are curious about making your own, I'm happy to share the journey. I've learned SO MUCH from therpf and don't get nearly enough time to post what I make. IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE: I'm open to doing suits on commission.

I'm 6'1, 170lbs (for reference). I tend to build VERY high detail costumes and fit is super important to me so here goes...

Step 1: Created a mock-up "cat suit" out of 2-way stretch vinyl

Step 2: Drew pattern lines for ~71 pieces front and back (not including sleeves) & size adjusted pieces

Step 3: Traced, cut and sewed sleeveless body suit out of black and red vinyl for mock-up #2

TBC: Step 4: Retrace pieces out of leather... sew... forever...

suit4.pngsuit3.pngsuit2.pngsuit.png

More updates coming

It's a 4-way stretch material that has a high density silicone 3d print on top of it. It's not easy to find as it's usually custom made to order. I opted for a thin, matte cowhide that has a 2-way stretch fabric backing. It should still breathe a bit and the matte texture of the leather should still give a very gritty look.

The pics above are just a mock-up using some cheap, 2-way vinyl stretch to make sure the pattern will fit properly.

Just got back from checking out the Deadpool 2 costume on display. It answered a TON of questions and I got some great reference pics:Photo May 03, 10 44 29.jpgPhoto May 03, 10 44 30.jpgPhoto May 03, 10 44 25.jpgPhoto May 03, 10 44 28.jpgPhoto May 03, 10 44 41.jpgPhoto May 03, 10 44 35.jpgPhoto May 03, 10 44 37.jpgPhoto May 03, 10 44 40.jpgPhoto May 03, 10 47 42.jpgPhoto May 03, 10 50 46.jpgPhoto May 03, 10 44 54.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back