Star Trek Discovery Phaser (3D print)

jake88

Sr Member
Hi guys, just finished this up and wanted to show off this newly designed phaser from the new ST Discovery. You can find them on Ebay for fairly cheap. The print was a little rough but with some sanding and multiple coats of filler primer, this is the result. From this first build I can tell you that with a little more work and patience on my part this could end up looking way better. But I was in a hurry as usual. I added a few metallic pieces here and there. Its painted with my own acrylic mix and satin coated.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• WuirTIR.jpg
    WuirTIR.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 407
  • wudTkb6.jpg
    wudTkb6.jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 335
  • OM4LImd.jpg
    OM4LImd.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 337
  • M1ECT2i.jpg
    M1ECT2i.jpg
    828.7 KB · Views: 385
  • ANfhde9.jpg
    ANfhde9.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 350
Pretty servicable job on the finishing. If you decide to do another one consider increasing the size of the prop by 15% as most of the free models out there for this are too small. Did you use this one by chance? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2525572

I went for a slightly two toned paintjob with mine, to match the Anovos prop

750523d2a6583866f783e8abe5379a09_preview_featured.jpg

Hi guys, just finished this up and wanted to show off this newly designed phaser from the new ST Discovery. You can find them on Ebay for fairly cheap. The print was a little rough but with some sanding and multiple coats of filler primer, this is the result. From this first build I can tell you that with a little more work and patience on my part this could end up looking way better. But I was in a hurry as usual. I added a few metallic pieces here and there. Its painted with my own acrylic mix and satin coated.
Thanks for looking.
Looks great.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back