Solo:ASWS DL-44 Discussion

02a1 - Comparison.JPG
03a2 - Comparison, side.JPG

I have the postwar "Bolo" version -- shorter barrel, smaller grip, but everything else is standard to what's gone before. That's a one-inch grid it's photographed against. Hopefully that will help until I can break out the calipers...

some photos of it in carbine configuration i pulled from my copy

Photos here are from after the battle at Mimban. I don’t have the Blu-Ray, only a Google Play copy so I don’t know if the extended Mimban battle sequence has better shots

lit by a flashlight
4c9SZEy.png

detailing for stock butt
cyhmoHF.png

rifle silhouette
oghJRox.png

photos below are at 29:39 of the movie

left side of rifle detailing
GT66eWy.png

underside of the rifle attachments
chAinbP.png

stock connection point; it actually goes over the broomhandle grip
GG4npyY.png

broomhandle grip cover detailing and what the DL-44 barrel looks like without an extension or flash hider; it's only as long as the scope
ohcmodG.png

There's also this 3D printed version that appeared on Etsy by a fan around the time the movie was released. obviously inaccurate, but a good starting point imo https://www.etsy.com/listing/608978180/han-solo-dl-44-inspired-carbine-with
YQPz2pk.png

Finally is right! Most unfortunate that they barely showed it. I did the double barrel blaster though.

Here’s hoping we get some more of the carbine! I’m probably trying to love it more than I actually do anyway. More found parts less printing please! :)

Found a NERF Tobias Beckett rifle for sale at Ross this weekend. Here's a close up pic of the box for some of the side detailing.

Interesting items to note:
  • The silver knobs are indeed part of an attachment system that holds the extended barrel and forward grip to the base pistol. Haven't really figured out in my mind how the mechanics work though.
  • Iron sight on the interface with the pistol barrel.
  • The forward grip components is flush with the bottom of the pistol but the magazine sticks out the bottom.
  • I believe the silver triangular greeblie area under the rifle sling mount is the same on both sides. The greeblies look like some kind of bolts or plumbing fixtures.

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_143848215.jpg
    IMG_20191012_143848215.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Saw this on Facebook today:

From Matt Savage: Here’s an animated breakdown of Han’s Blaster Rifle that we designed for Solo: a Star Wars story. This whole idea and scheme came from prop master Jamie Wilkinson who suggested we look at the actual Mauser pistol, which came with a wooded holster that became a stock.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back