Wire mesh for nose section of efx imperial Stormtrooper helmet

What wire mesh can I use for the nose section can be used?

I used a cut out section of aluminum window screen and attached it with a bead of hot glue. :/ It works for me.

---edit---

A couple of pics:

IMG_20180226_180259898_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180226_180332197.jpg

Last edited:
It really is a matter of personal preference. None of the original props used mesh in the "teeth" holes. The highest-res pictures I have it's not clear if it's window tinting, a strip of black vinyl, some sort of smooth fabric (for some breathability), or what. The only clear pics of the interior of an original helmet that I've seen have whatever was backing the teeth missing.

I have some black panty hose that I cut up as needed for vents like this. It does a pretty good job of approximating the protective foam or fabric filtration layer in similar real-world applications. If you want something sturdier, you can always back that off with some window screen. But if something resembling on-screen appearance is important to you at all, I'd avoid visible mesh.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back