Material sourcing

NJallDAY

I am currently sourcing material for a project I want to get started. This will be my first time working with sintra pvc foam, so I have no experience with purchasing. Mcmaster-Carr sells Lightweight PVC Foam sheets, which I assume is the same material. I also found FoamBoardSource.com, who sells name brand sintra. Both allow me to buy a couple square feet at what seems like a reasonable price. My question is concerning the quality of material? As I said, I have never worked with this before and i want to be sure I am getting a good quality product. Am I on the right track? Other suppliers I should look at before I order? I would really appreciate a little direction from some one with experience with this material.

It really depends on the project. Sintra, even though it may have the same name, may have different properties. Some of my company's customers who purchased Sintra from different manufacturers have had issues with paint or ink adhesion. Some stuff had so much static that separating sheets causes visible sparks.

Experiment with a few brands and see if it meets your needs.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back