The "Cars" that made us....

I named Speed's Mach 5 earlier in this thread. But in a much more real sense, the car I was inspired most by was my Mom's '67 Mustang. That's me in the back seat. lol I absolutely loved that car. And got one of my own, after college.

carwashc1a.jpg

In this photo, some of the junior high boys are washing our car, as part of a school fundraiser, in which they'd come right to your house and wash your car in your driveway.

The Wook

Acording the linked article Dick Korkes of Korky's Kustom Studios. I googled the car one night trying to see if it lived up to my memory like Mega Force. It did and didnt if that makes sense. I would have it my collection just for the cool factor. Plus my 8 year old brain thought it was the coolest car EVER.

http://www.superchevy.com/features/corp-0801-1973-chevrolet-corvette-summer-movie-car/

Thanks! I told my dad someone one here had the car and he said to ask so I'm sending that link over to him.

The Trans-Am from Smokey and the Bandit was the first car that ignited my love of automobiles. That passion continues today with this being my newest acquisition. :cool

https://s10.postimg.org/bv8x3un7t/20170514_110632.jpg

My dad has a custom 64 Vette right now and he has been tested because he's almost sold it in the last few years for a ZR1, then the new Z06, and now he says he wants to see the next gen first. :lol His car isn't stock at all, it has a 454 from some 70s +/- Chevelle and lots of custom stuff. So he's not real worried about getting rid of it. He's more bummed with some of the Corvettes he had which would be $100K+ cars now. Now that I think about it, the cars stopped when I was born until I graduated and he keeps mentioning that... :lol

Re: The "Cars" that made us....

Just cause I see a lot of 'Vette love going on. And I'll try to stop derailing. '72 LT-1 w/ factory ac. Dad bought it in '86. (I have no self esteem so I try to base my self-worth on my possessions because it makes me feel better about myself).
ef3b08d1ca250eebe69764e4b6bfa911.jpg
eb3c8ce2d6a5fd6bee6b62fdf0b42ecf.jpg

Last edited:
I named Speed's Mach 5 earlier in this thread. But in a much more real sense, the car I was inspired most by was my Mom's '67 Mustang. That's me in the back seat. lol I absolutely loved that car. And got one of my own, after college.

View attachment 788056

In this photo, some of the junior high boys are washing our car, as part of a school fundraiser, in which they'd come right to your house and wash your car in your driveway.

The Wook

As alluded to, here's the Mustang I got when I grew up. A 1967 Coupe, in Nightmist Blue, with Saddle interior. She had a V8 289, with dual exhaust, and an engine rumble to die for. She also had the turn-signal indicator hood, which was an option only in '67 and '68. When turning, especially at night, to see one of those beautiful golden lights winking back at you, against that long, dark blue hood, was a sight to behold, and source of sheer joy. Who knew a turn signal could be so sexy?! lol Ford knew.

Mustang1967.jpg

LeavingForCali.jpg

The Wook

Thanks! I told my dad someone one here had the car and he said to ask so I'm sending that link over to him.

My dad has a custom 64 Vette right now and he has been tested because he's almost sold it in the last few years for a ZR1, then the new Z06, and now he says he wants to see the next gen first. :lol His car isn't stock at all, it has a 454 from some 70s +/- Chevelle and lots of custom stuff. So he's not real worried about getting rid of it. He's more bummed with some of the Corvettes he had which would be $100K+ cars now. Now that I think about it, the cars stopped when I was born until I graduated and he keeps mentioning that... :lol

Love looking at other people's classic 'Vettes, but probably won't ever own one as I'm not mechanically inclined enough to take care of one myself. ;)

Oh the shame......oh the shame.... how could I forget.

I know its been mentioned but its one of my favourites..... and Icforgot about it.. :cry

7c719743aa515400c97ac6d6e66834c4--movie-cars-movie-tv.jpg

1977-Pontiac-Firebird-Trans-Am.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back