Poll: What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

Subscribe
    22 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 12:05 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3176

sztriki said: View Post
    This thread is slowly becoming much like one of those political discussions where there are a few self-appointed arbiters of truth and taste who preach against hate, exclusion and praise open-mindedness while being bullies and hateful against everyone who is not 100% in line with their views . All this with grown-up men over a stupid Star Wars movie...
    AMEN!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    22 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 12:09 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3177

This makes sense as to why the Gaurds weren’t the Knights of REN as per Rian.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018...last-jedi.html
    From
    San Francisco
    22 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 12:17 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3178

If one feels "bullied" over their SW opinion from the discussion here, I might suggest one has never really been "bullied."
    From
    Chicago
    22 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 12:21 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3179

alienscollection.com said: View Post
    Is it ever mentioned or explained what the First Order as an entity actually wants? Or is it just some "dominate the galaxy" thing..?
    I believe the end game is the restoration of the Galactic Empire.
    From
    Seattle
    18 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 4:23 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3180

JD said: View Post
    We get the idea that galaxy found out through the little epilog with the kids. Word spreads fast in a galaxy far, far away...
    Well except when you're building a superweapon capable of destroying entire star systems across the galaxy by firing through hyperspace.. I mean that makes total sense, the empire during it's might couldn't even keep secret it's small space stations, and crap... couldn't even Finish the 2nd one before the rebels POW POW POW'd it... but a plucky group of defeated imperials under strict disarmament plans and punishing reparations were able to secretly build and complete one nearly double in size.
    From
    Herald, Kalifornia
    17 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 4:50 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3181

Bryancd said: View Post
    This makes sense as to why the Gaurds weren’t the Knights of REN as per Rian.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018...last-jedi.html
    Has anyone addressed officially why the Force could not be used on them? I don't mean that in a confrontational way. It's something I actually wondered about.
    From
    United Kingdom
    17 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 5:07 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3182

I hadn't even considered that plot point till now, but if the force cannot be used on them why would the serve a force user?
    From
    Herald, Kalifornia
    17 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 5:10 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3183

Greenie said: View Post
    I hadn't even considered that plot point till now, but if the force cannot be used on them why would the serve a force user?
    The freezing of blaster bolts and people in place opened a big hole for me in TFA. Even at their most powerful, Jedi mostly seemed to be able to knock assailants off balance (worked better against the non-living).
    From
    Madison, WI
    16 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 5:58 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3184

Anyone find it odd that we STILL have never seen a clear shot of the actual Knights of Ren that were in the film, like the finished costumes? Just concept art and those super dark raining screencaps. No behind the scenes shots or visual dictionary production photos.
    From
    yuma AZ
    15 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 7:37 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3185

sztriki said: View Post
    That's a misfire mate, if you read back you'll find that I really wasn't
    happy with the movie. What I meant that those who love it simply started to call those who don't haters and just call them names instead of doing civil discussion and acknowledging difference of opinion. You know, it's okay to hate on a hater. Mud-wrestling in plain English that I really don't feel like so, I guess that'll be one less person involved here.
    Not a miss fire , a joke I purposely ignored everything else you said and focused on the one bit I wanted ! A satirical way of pushing your own point forward but wah wah . you missed it I failed in my funny !!!
  11. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    14 Hours Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 8:44 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3186

This is a great video about the problems with TLJ and this new trilogy in general.

For those who can't be bothered, the summation is 15:50.

From
    United Kingdom
    4 Hours Ago  Jan 19, 2018, 6:09 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release) #3187

Yes. Lack of direction and a disregard for what came before. The whole thing plays out like a one off movie. Everything wraps up at the end with nothing hanging over to the next movie. Much like ANH, except that GL didn't make it as part of a trilogy. At the time, George had one shot at making the movie he wanted, it's success allowed for a sequel or two.
    This is probably why RJ turned down epIX. He made TLJ as if it was his one and only chance to do a SW movie.
    To me, it seems self indulgent, shortsighted and naive. Every explaination he gives for all the errors, omissions and wtf moments just expose his fundamental misunderstanding of Star Wars. Whether you subscribe or not to the concept of SWIQ as coined by @The Wook, somethings are not right with this movie.
    I would liken it to watching bad cgi, your mind knows something is wrong and wil not accept it.