ANH Stunt Trooper finished

skiffy

Sr Member
I've just finished this build and taken it out in public. I'm very happy with how it looks and can't wait to wear it again. I've been waiting 40 years to wear this and it looks exactly as I dreamed it would all those years ago. I worried I might be too tall at 6'3" but as long as I keep the armour spacing regular it works out OK. :)

Me-n-Chewie.jpg

Looks great. More pics please.

Seems like consensus is ANH troopers were around 5’10” or so, but when I see the tall troopers like you they look great.

What armor?

Thank you both for the kind words. :)

Stormy, I've been dreading that question because I simply don't know. The kit was sold to me third-hand by a friend and (I think) originated from Spain. I had planned to make a mannequin and build it as a display piece but when I saw the kit I knew from my research that it was pretty close to ANH. The base material is matt styrene so the whole thing needed sanding priming and painting. It was missing a helmet and drop boxes. I'm using my heavily modified MRCE helmet for now and I made scratch-built drop-boxes.

It really was a 'silk purse from sow's ear' project. I haven't documented the build on WhiteArmor or anywhere else really because I couldn't verify the origin of the armour.

Another pic:

CloseTrooper.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks MasterJedi322 - you look ace!

After some investigation I've just found (thanks to WhiteArmor.net) that the kit I built is originally from an eBay seller and is called M.O.D. It's generally avoided because it's thin styrene, cracks easily and needs painting. I'm glad I've at least found a reference to it and that I've managed to make it look reasonably decent. It'll do for me for now until I can afford a better ABS kit.

I'll definitely open a thread over at WhiteArmor and maybe UK Garrison (though I doubt it would ever get cleared). I've hand-made my neck seal, holster, canvas belt and have done some strapping mods that I think are worth sharing, so I'll do that in due course.

Had to post this (love the pic) Chewie and I chillin' after a charity photo opp at a Last Jedi screening tonight.

Hairy bar.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back