Why isn't there a Rock award show?

Don't forget, we're talking about the same industry that gave Jethro Tull the award for best Hard Rock/Metal performance over Metallica back in 1989 and most recently in 2017, gave Beyonce a nomination for best Rock performance

All those awards are bull crap to begin with and more based around who has greased who's palms

Plus the Rock/hard rock or whatever is basically a catch all category for whatever is not pop or country

The rock hall of fame show exists, but I don’t know who broadcasts it now days. The state rock is in, a hall of fame show looking at the past is about as contemporary as it could get.

HBO has been doing so, but even the rock and roll hall of fame is a sad joke

Looks at some of the classic rock bands that have even yet to be nominated or considered, and yet they just inducted Tu-Pac into it last year along side of Yes ???????

It took them 40+ years to induct Yes, but they induct a rapper from the 90's in half the time :facepalm

Even by a broad definition of rock including things marginally related to rock, Tu-Pac is one of the last acts I would consider for a "rock" hall of fame

If you want a "music" hall of fame that is fine, just rename the thing

I was looking at lists of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame snubs, and not The Smiths, nor the Pixies, nor The Cure are in the RnRHoF.
Interestingly, one of these lists had Whitney Houston at the number one spot.
Since when is Whitney Houston rock'n'roll? She's a pop diva, not a rocker.

perhaps it's the death by rock and roll lifestyle factor? heh
i been on a Steely Dan kick for the past two years now. i think i'll go put another record on now....

Looks at some of the classic rock bands that have even yet to be nominated or considered, and yet they just inducted Tu-Pac into it last year along side of Yes ???????

It took them 40+ years to induct Yes, but they induct a rapper from the 90's in half the time :facepalm

Even by a broad definition of rock including things marginally related to rock, Tu-Pac is one of the last acts I would consider for a "rock" hall of fame

It's only actually been around about 20 years :) Took Rush forever to get in as well...

Yeah that ticks me off. It's the Rock N Roll museum. Some groups, like Run DMC, should be there because they did a crossover song. Why others are there is beyond me. Rap is popular enough to have it's own museum.

There is a Rock awards show....it's called the Golden Gods Awards...for hard rock and heavy metal music ;) Never heard of it? It was sponsored by revolver magazine at some point. But I think it is metal hammer now.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back