Best U.S. onlin source for metal (tube specifically)?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The site I was using to get metal tubing (smaller sizes, not stuff you can get at Home Depot) and things is no more. What is the best/cheapest U.S. place to use?

The term 'metal' is vague. I have gotten aluminum here, but I honestly don't know if they are the cheapest or best. I can tell you that the edge will likely be rough where it is cut, especially if you get an off size. Either way, you can compare them to other forum responses. Hope this helps.

www.onlinemetals.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The term 'metal' is vague. I have gotten aluminum here, but I honestly don't know if they are the cheapest or best. I can tell you that the edge will likely be rough where it is cut, especially if you get an off size. Either way, you can compare them to other forum responses. Hope this helps.

www.onlinemetals.com

If a rough edge concerned me, I'm pretty sure I'd be booted out of here. :lol Thanks for the suggestions. I think I used to have Onlinemetals bookmarked, but it's mysteriously gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Ebay too. I get a lot of metal there and sometimes the shipping is free. I noticed that some
online metal sights don't charge anything for the metal but screw you on shipping.

I third onlinemetals.com. Great store and they ship quickly at a fair price (same can be said of McMaster-carr as well).

Anyone know what happened to 15/16" diameter aluminum tube? I have a piece in my hand right now, yet I can't find anyone online that sells it! I think I got it from Smallparts.com, which isn't around now.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back