Most Obscure Star Wars Prop (1977-1983)

Remote People

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was recently reminded how much fun the truly obscure can be. So to start this off, I nominate the lamp Yoda stole from Luke on Dagobah as one of the most esoteric (and difficult to find) props of the Original Trilogy.

What’s yours?

yoda lamp.png

yoda lamp.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say maybe Obi Wan's chest. I'm not sure if something that was a one off (if the chest was) qualifies. There's no way you could get one unless you had it reproduced.

The rare Imperial Code Cylinders worn by Chief Bast and General Tagge made out of real radiation dosimeters (right side in the pic below), but not the usual blue caps version used by all other Imperial officers like Tarkin, Veers or Ozzel:

Imperial_Code_Cylinders_both_versions_04.jpg

Imperial_Code_Cylinder_Tarkin_Chief_Bast.jpg

Imperial-Code-Cylinders-01.jpg

Imperial-Code-Cylinders-both-versions-01.jpg

Imperial-Code-Cylinders-both-versions-03.jpg

Imperial-Code-Cylinders-both-versions-04.jpg

Imperial-Code-Cylinder-General-Tagge.jpg

Imperial-Code-Cylinder-Tarkin-Chief-Bast.jpg

Imperial_Code_Cylinder_General_Tagge.jpg

Attachments

• Imperial-Code-Cylinders-both-versions-01.jpg
    Imperial-Code-Cylinders-both-versions-01.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
I got a laser used as the Naboo signal light in Ep 1.

A question for the most obscure prop of the original trilogy and the very first reply is for an EP1 prop....tztztz :lol (BTW: have this myself, along with the steel odor-killer ;))

For "obscure" props/ costume parts, I´d say a set of goggles (Han and Luke HOTH goggles, Han/ Chewies/ Leias welding goggles).

OH MAN... I have a laundry list of obscure props, greeblies, parts. But I would have to say the one that frustrates me the most is the prop sitting on top of the medical droid that is also the rectangular throttle housing greeblies.

OH MAN... I have a laundry list of obscure props, greeblies, parts.

You said it - how can I pick just one? :)

But one of the first to come to mind in this context is this thing - it's on the Tantive IV as R2 and C3PO enter their escape pod right at the beginning of ANH:

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-598.jpg

It's also in the Falcon in the gun turret area. I have no idea what it is...

Dan

Those are the ones! Those are "The Force Awakens" versions. If you look closely you can tell those are 3D printed.

The most iconic version(s) (which is a real world part) are on the ESB MF console and other areas of the MF to include the canopy and areas next to the couch. You can also find it on / in the med droid, Snow Speeder, X-Wing, and I think in the Super Star Destroyer bridge.

Here is a GREAT image fo the part in question: Dead Center of the image
http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=105778&fullsize=1

There are 2 of them in this pic
http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=108293&fullsize=1

And on the canopy
http://ladymanson.com/galleries/movies/MoviesRS/displayimage.php?pid=107528&fullsize=1

Last edited:
A question for the most obscure prop of the original trilogy and the very first reply is for an EP1 prop....tztztz :lol (BTW: have this myself, along with the steel odor-killer ;))

For "obscure" props/ costume parts, I´d say a set of goggles (Han and Luke HOTH goggles, Han/ Chewies/ Leias welding goggles).

I just skimmed over the first post while on my phone.
OOOPS!!! :p

When Han tells Chewie to "replace the negative power coupling" he hands up a coil of plastic tubing. I nominate that - AAAANNNDDD...Anthony Daniels once tried to sell it to me lol!!!

You said it - how can I pick just one? :)

But one of the first to come to mind in this context is this thing - it's on the Tantive IV as R2 and C3PO enter their escape pod right at the beginning of ANH:

View attachment 761696

It's also in the Falcon in the gun turret area. I have no idea what it is...

Dan

I've seen something like that before. I'm thinking some kind of container where those handles pull out and then sit back flush with the container.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back