Kuco's ZF-1 build thread

xkuco

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone,

I am currently taking all the parts I have received to include, HERO measurements, and lots of photos and creating a full ZF-1 to specs in digital form. I am redoing the frame I received from MARSATTACK, and making my version which I believe will look more movie accurate but will include mounts for animatronics. The screen on the back, all lights, and sounds will be powered by arduino. I will also attempt to add a working flame thrower, ice/ air blaster, airsoft (which has been done), laser, and possible dart gun. I am working with a team of people that are helping me develop every part of this and they will be chiming in as well as be mentioned while the project comes to Fruition. If you have any input let us know.

I currently have measured and digitized a lot to include slot of the parts I already have. Please ignore the frame it will be redone and I know the rocket is stuck in the frame.

6147e14b09e4e9df28644ceacea00a61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool. I have a kit coming from Studio Creations in a few months, so I'm looking forward to seeing how you get all the parts moving.

so I fixed some of the frame and added some of the frame portion. I have the back portion also that i will add digitally. I got tired today.

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 5.56.14 PM.png

I was thinking of doing this too in Fusion 360 as well, in part to learn the software. However it's crazy ambitious so I think I'll start on something smaller!

Pics look good so far, I'm keen to see how you progress the digital build.

I am adjusting the frame tremendously. But give props to the work zombie killer and marsattack did with all this! It's amazing the references, and work the forum and those two individuals to include many other like Matt Munson have put in.

so this might not be a big deal to some but i know builders will appreciate it. I didn't know you can transfer in parts from Mcmaster-Carr and basically have a parts list when you are done, with part numbers that is pretty amazing. so once I'm done with this build not only will I have a full parts list but all machined or 3d printed parts needed

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 8.35.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-26 at 8.35.34 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 8.33.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 8.33.20 AM.png
    466.3 KB · Views: 225
so i knocked out the bended bracket that goes to the struts, and fixed the back part of the frame today. this is coming along nicely and can't wait to get this cut out

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 10.06.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-26 at 10.06.25 PM.png

finished up the gun barrel and fixtures.I also did the circular vents on the side. 1-2 pieces a day and this will be done in no time! I asked a few people for help but they dont want to help. Its ok that will make this project mines when complete.

ZF-1 render 2.png

ZF-1 render 2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
so did some brackets and did a few other pieces today. I'm seriously done for tonight!

ZF-1 render 3.png

I also 3D printed three parts right off the file to see how it fit, and to see if I was on he right track. Perfect fit! I broke the bottom one taking it off the print bed but prototype works! Can't wait to start milling!
1d1bff587af9cc78ddd6970526de3320.jpg
25db30b19ad596cbdb60988fc61e5f1e.jpg

goodness this is a lot of work!!! but getting there slowly but surely. I am interested in making kits of what I am producing once complete. how many people would be interested in a kit? if I could get 5-10 I would write your names and once complete start a thread. this will not be until I feel its complete. but It would be easier to cut 10 of the same pieces.

ZF-1 render 4.png

ok seriously I'm done for today. after I'm done with the stock parts, I still have to make the mechanics for the darts, and back scope. I read everything online possible about the scope part and I will be making my own arduino kit for this build also. it will include light sequence 1-1-1-3-4 seconds and a lcd screen on the back which we are currently working on the video it will play.

ZF-1 render 5.png

knocked out the red tube frame on top and fixed the diameter on the bottom flashlight. plus a few other little things.

ZF-1 render 6.png

ZF-1 render 6.png

Received my closed pod from superkrates! Needs some work but I confirmed my pod wasn't warped and can be used! Can't wait to get this frame built now to do some body work on my pod.
7a53b0dbab23f42b98181f6705d1f374.jpg

b4d86977de9dc11c87d28563d1f37b71.jpg

so guys I woke up this morning and knocked out the red tube and components. its coming out quite well actually. specs are very accurate on this and getting this pod helped tremendously. now that I'm almost done with all the parts i will start prototyping mechanisms. and creating them in fusion to show movement before printing. Lastly, I even added the wooden block in-between the blue block and the brass block.

ZF-1 render 7.png

before bed I did some brass fittings and put the mechanics in place for the red tube housing. bed time!

ZF-1 render 9.pngZF-1 render 8.png

ZF-1 render 8.png

ZF-1 render 9.png

knocked out the dart shooters on the sides. design based off of marsattack. next ill be working on the mechanisms to get them movingZF-1 render 10.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back