Anh Han Blaster Build

rundown

Sr Member
Hey, here is my denix conversion/build of my ANH han blaster!

21013849_1529380683788816_2826373188385023167_o.jpg

First I filed of the denix logo, the wierd washers at the hinge and fixed the sights to be more screen acurate. I also sharpened some areas.
I also drilled a hole in the bottom and filed a line.
21125651_1536225096437708_1148730814385640715_o.jpg

Then my kit came in. So I had to cut of the barrel.

Last edited:
I used fluoboric acid to blacken the filed parts again. I might probably redo the entire gun with this acid as it looks better then the denix blackening.
Next I drilled and tapped a hole for the flashider.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious where you got your parts from? I just picked up a Denix and am looking for the needed parts for ANH.

I found some 3D printed stuff on eBay, but yours seems to be machined alluminium?

You've done amazing job on Denix! You have in plans changing grips? For wood ones?

Yep, still need to order some!

I am curious where you got your parts from? I just picked up a Denix and am looking for the needed parts for ANH.

I found some 3D printed stuff on eBay, but yours seems to be machined alluminium?

It's a mixture of toddscostumes.com dl-44 Accessory kit and the darkenergycreations.com Mount Scope kit.

This is how it looks today!

I Redid the entire blackening on the mauser itself. The original denix blackening looked horrible. I added the greebly on flashhider.
Drilled the holes for the mount. And had a testfit!
Not so happy with the blackening on the scope itself. I'll probably redo that aswell while i'm at it!

27398252_10213557688769509_16055563_o copy.jpg

You have all the right elements to make a terrific replica and your progress is solid.

May I suggest looking at working on more of the Denix so that it looks less like the replica and more like the Mauser? I guess it depends on how far you want to take this but given your great start it seems a pity not to push it further.

As far as your weathering goes, the secret is to do it slowly. Blue the parts that you would like to have blued and paint the rest and then working slowly weather them back until you get a finish you are happy with. For the grips, if you are able to secure a set of Dark Energy Creations wooden grips, then you will be on the money - although he might be sold out of them currently.

The Denix although not the most accurate can look the part even without the aid of heavy machinery. Here is one, that was re-styled using only hand-tools and also using some of the same components that you are using.

ANH_Bapty_Raats_1_SMALL.jpg

ANH_Bapty_Raats_2_SMALL.jpg

Best of luck with your build.

M

happy how the blackening worked out now!
Still need to do a small touchup right above the handle. But I think i'm done then.
I will be putting a clearcoat on my scope probably.

Also, I modded some wooden grips to fit the denix!

IMG_20180203_114656.jpg

Get some paste wax, barricade (Birchwood casey brand) or clear coat on there quick! It can continue to oxidize if left alone :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back