Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

I've been to two Targets, with no indication that either ever had this. One had no Han Solo merchandise whatsoever. Ditto for the three Walmarts nearby. The launch for this seems spotty at best.

I bought mine a my local Walmart about a week ago. $99 each. There were two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought several of these for modding and gifts. The price can't be beat and down the road people will be wishing they got one after these all get sold out. Expect them to get a lot more expensive NIB on Ebay in the future. It is great that Hasbro went into doing a reveal helmet - but I don't understand why most people keep considering this to be an ROJ helmet. The symmetry and color scheme shows it to be based on ROS - as many Lusasfilm Disney licensed toys have been for years. I personally don't like the symmetrical look of the ROS Vader, but the reveal scene at the end of Episode III is the big finale, so I'm into this. High end reveal helmets are extremely expensive and hard to get, so this is a bargain for entry level display. And the sounds are just extremely cool. There's not much that can be done to fix the shortened neck which is a shame. But there's lots that can be done to improve the rest of this as a project. For starters, here's some orthodontic expanders I got from Ebay for the greebles on the exterior forehead and neck. I got a pack of ten (stainless steel) for about $25. Large and small ones are needed. Then I also got a batch of old hard drive heads $20 for the inside of the mask. I'm going to carefully glue these real metal parts over the molded simulated parts of the mask to give this a more realistic look.

Attachments

• Photo Apr 18, 6 49 18 PM.png
    Photo Apr 18, 6 49 18 PM.png
    278.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Photo Apr 18, 6 46 26 PM.png
    Photo Apr 18, 6 46 26 PM.png
    892.7 KB · Views: 168
The biggest problem with this otherwise nice mask is of course the dome, as others already discussed. While this piece makes for a very nice display with just the mask and neck piece and no dome, it still drives me nuts the dome Hasbro supplied is so small and cartoonish. I therefore took to fitting a Rubies Supreme DV helmet dome on to this mask. I had one sitting around that came new in box, but badly scratched. I'm going to fix it up by 1) fitting it with the magnetic mechanism of the Hasbro Helmet, 2) adding epoxy putty to the edges of the helmet so it looks thicker, 3) add multiple coats of primer paint in a stripe on the center of the helmet to better define the missing center strip that should be there, and then lastly 4) paint the entire Rubies helmet (after light sanding) in primer and then gloss back. I'm also going to harvest the real metal tusks from the Rubies mask and put on the Hasbro in place of those plastic ones. Here's the Rubies dome sitting on the Hasbro. As you can see, getting a dome of approximately the correct size and shape on this Hasbro mask suddenly adds a lot more credibility to it's overall look. At least that's my humble opinion.

Photo Apr 17, 10 19 58 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 17, 10 19 52 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 17, 10 19 44 PM.jpg

The biggest problem with this otherwise nice mask is of course the dome, as others already discussed. While this piece makes for a very nice display with just the mask and neck piece and no dome, it still drives me nuts the dome Hasbro supplied is so small and cartoonish. I therefore took to fitting a Rubies Supreme DV helmet dome on to this mask. I had one sitting around that came new in box, but badly scratched. I'm going to fix it up by 1) fitting it with the magnetic mechanism of the Hasbro Helmet, 2) adding epoxy putty to the edges of the helmet so it looks thicker, 3) add multiple coats of primer paint in a stripe on the center of the helmet to better define the missing center strip that should be there, and then lastly 4) paint the entire Rubies helmet (after light sanding) in primer and then gloss back. I'm also going to harvest the real metal tusks from the Rubies mask and put on the Hasbro in place of those plastic ones. Here's the Rubies dome sitting on the Hasbro. As you can see, getting a dome of approximately the correct size and shape on this Hasbro mask suddenly adds a lot more credibility to it's overall look. At least that's my humble opinion.

View attachment 811088View attachment 811089View attachment 811090

Thanks for the pics! Are you able to take any further away and then zoom in to prevent any lens distortion?

Here in the UK they're mislabeled, stumbled on it last night and got a pre-order in. It's called "STAR WARS E0328EU4 S2 BL Black Series Helmet, Boys, Gray, One Size". It disappeared just after I placed the order, but looks to have come back again overnight.

Just curious, but what happened with this? I ordered mine on the 14th and it has been saying it would be delivered today since then, but it hasn't dispatched yet and apparently they don't even have it in stock.

Just curious, but what happened with this? I ordered mine on the 14th and it has been saying it would be delivered today since then, but it hasn't dispatched yet and apparently they don't even have it in stock.

Yeah - I'm in the same situation. I think Amazon UK are having some issues as I has the exact same issue yesterday with the latest Hitchhiker's Guide CD too. Thankfully I could buy that locally on my way home yesterday. I wonder if they underestimated demand? Or if it's an IT glitch in their ordering process?

Yeah - I'm in the same situation. I think Amazon UK are having some issues as I has the exact same issue yesterday with the latest Hitchhiker's Guide CD too. Thankfully I could buy that locally on my way home yesterday. I wonder if they underestimated demand? Or if it's an IT glitch in their ordering process?

On a few other UK sites the release date is listed as 30th April, so maybe it's not actually out yet or something? Who knows. I also found it on the Very catalogue but it's listed as not in stock. I'd been checking there forever though, so I don't know if it ever was in stock.

This is all very annoying.

On a few other UK sites the release date is listed as 30th April, so maybe it's not actually out yet or something? Who knows. I also found it on the Very catalogue but it's listed as not in stock. I'd been checking there forever though, so I don't know if it ever was in stock.

This is all very annoying.

Forbidden Planet seem to have it in stock, or at least you can click "buy now" (.com, not .co.uk) but a couple of independents who had it listed for release last week have now updated their ETA to 30th April too. I guess this may be a Hasbro UK thing as we've not had any Solo figures make it to mainstream retail yet either...

Same issue with Amazon here - I really, REALLY wish they would email customers to tell them it's out of stock BEFORE the day it's due to be delivered. I ordered mine on the 14th, got confirmation that it was due to be delivered today (the 20th)...then I got an email this morning to tell me it's now out of stock. ARG!

A buddy of mine received his two days ago from Forbidden Planet after ordering with them online, so I cancelled my Amazon order and ordered it from FB instead. I'm happy to pay the extra fiver and get the damn thing, rather than be jerked around by Amazon (which happened with my BS Stormtrooper helmet, too).

While I'm on my soapbox, it's also rather annoying how this thing retails for around $100 in the States, which would make it £70 here!

Hope all my UK chums get their hands on their orders eventually!

Remember, US prices have sales tax added at the til, so with our VAT, it comes in at £86 or so.... still cheaper, but not as bad as the 50% hike we get on most of the figures.

For me, in France, I ordered on Amazon the 15th and they say it's on the road for delivery the 23th.
I'm very happy because the price (on Amazon.fr) is honest and it's not usual for this kind of toys. I paid 99€ (122usd) by unit (I take 2 : one for play and one for display)... Yes, I know in US it's 99usd (75€) at Walmart. But Walmat don't crush the ocean...
For comparaison, actualy, you find Marvel Legends helmet (Star Lord) on Amazon.fr for more than 130€ (155usd) and I'm sure you still can find it in USA for 99usd.

Remember, US prices have sales tax added at the til, so with our VAT, it comes in at £86 or so.... still cheaper, but not as bad as the 50% hike we get on most of the figures.

Ah yes, I forgot you guys add sales tax when you pay!

Your stores seem much better than ours in terms of choice, though: the Solo hauls I've been seeing from places like from Target are crazy.

I am in the same boat with Amazon, received an email this morning although earlier their site tracking still said it would be delivered by 8 pm this evening. About the price, I could have ordered this from Amazon US but delivery was over $100 and then UK Border Force would want to play with it for 2 weeks before charging a small fortune in import duty for the privilege of delaying delivery and doing absolutely nothing else. So I believe £94.99 with free Prime delivery in the UK is absolutely a bargain considering how we would be completely ripped off if we tried to import one in this "global economy"!!

I bought several of these for modding and gifts. The price can't be beat and down the road people will be wishing they got one after these all get sold out. Expect them to get a lot more expensive NIB on Ebay in the future. It is great that Hasbro went into doing a reveal helmet - but I don't understand why most people keep considering this to be an ROJ helmet. The symmetry and color scheme shows it to be based on ROS - as many Lusasfilm Disney licensed toys have been for years. I personally don't like the symmetrical look of the ROS Vader, but the reveal scene at the end of Episode III is the big finale, so I'm into this. High end reveal helmets are extremely expensive and hard to get, so this is a bargain for entry level display. And the sounds are just extremely cool. There's not much that can be done to fix the shortened neck which is a shame. But there's lots that can be done to improve the rest of this as a project. For starters, here's some orthodontic expanders I got from Ebay for the greebles on the exterior forehead and neck. I got a pack of ten (stainless steel) for about $25. Large and small ones are needed. Then I also got a batch of old hard drive heads $20 for the inside of the mask. I'm going to carefully glue these real metal parts over the molded simulated parts of the mask to give this a more realistic look.

I do see what you mean, but for me, this is a closer representation of ROTJ..even with the symmetry. The details appear too be a better match imo. The ROTS helmet had that extremely long neck in the front. Also this one has ROTJ sounds. I chose to paint mine in that scheme because it's the version I like the best. It's great to have options.
I look forward to seeing your progress with the parts! Those look great.

Ah yes, I forgot you guys add sales tax when you pay!

Your stores seem much better than ours in terms of choice, though: the Solo hauls I've been seeing from places like from Target are crazy.

I'm in the UK as well ;-)

But they do get the best prices by far, given everything is made in China. In the last 12 months I've been to several Euro countries, plus a couple in SE Asia, and all are the same, or even a little higher, than the UK.

I understand people wanted the hood to be bigger to be more accurate but it is already huge. I think this helmet will satisfy most people who look at it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back