Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

Thanks for the Amazon tip, halliwax -- I was getting zero hits on "Darth Vader black series helmet" or variations. Mine should arrive on Monday...

Thank the Maker!

The biggest issue with fit, is that because of the electronics, and magnets, the space in the bottom half is very restricted.
This is how it sits with the brace View attachment 20180413_042207.jpg
This is where it is supposed to sit... View attachment 20180413_042108.jpg
The brace is def too small as it should cover half your ears, and the neck needs to be extended by about an inch.
Fyi I replaced the flimsy soft plastic mic wires with some 12 gauge steel wire I coated with black flex seal. The mic tips are the plastic originals.

Anybody try a rubies helmet on it?Paint on the nose enamel or acrylic?

I used a silver sharpie on the nose of mine.
As for the helmet dome. The front brow just needs to be trimmed. And the inside of the helmet can be built up with Bondo to make it thicker. The shorter dome does actually match up with the helmet Sebastian Shaw is wearing at the end of ROTJ.

Can someone buy it on Amazon and send it to Russia? Amazon wants 120$ for delivery, I think someone can do this cheaper (by USPS economy maybe)

Ran down to my local GameStop and grabbed one. For $100 bucks you can’t beat it. I plan a few mods nothing extreme. Repaint, tusks and some screen mesh. My coworkers definitely got a kick out of it. The sealing noise is nifty.

The biggest issue with fit, is that because of the electronics, and magnets, the space in the bottom half is very restricted.
This is how it sits with the brace View attachment 809431
This is where it is supposed to sit... View attachment 809432
The brace is def too small as it should cover half your ears, and the neck needs to be extended by about an inch.
Fyi I replaced the flimsy soft plastic mic wires with some 12 gauge steel wire I coated with black flex seal. The mic tips are the plastic originals.

Yes like I said before the thickness is a really bad problem.But the Original Reveal lower jaw is also very tight.You can see a piece of rubber glued on the backarea of the "zipperpart".That was added to cover Sebastian Shaw´s skin or ear.;)

32386072nl.jpg

I used a silver sharpie on the nose of mine.
As for the helmet dome. The front brow just needs to be trimmed. And the inside of the helmet can be built up with Bondo to make it thicker. The shorter dome does actually match up with the helmet Sebastian Shaw is wearing at the end of ROTJ.

There where not any shorter domes to my knowledge. They can not be trimmed down because of the the "thicknes" is just a lip on the edge of the dome. It would just be awful to see the actual thickness up against the lip.

People are really excited about these which is cool considering the initial response to early photos. I happily placed my order just after midnight and it will arrive Sunday.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back