My new Blade Runner Wallet...

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just finished this fun little prop: a new Blade Runner Wallet. In the past I bought the version of spinner44.com, but recently I was able to buy this lot here on the RPF, where especially the badge was interesting: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=278581

So I looked for a trifold wallet for the badge and got one from Perfect Fit. Still had a nice Deckard ID card made by Mr Sinistar, and made some money, a Mercer Box repair slip + duplicate, Reachel Tyrell business card and some White Dragon receipts to go in the wallet. I kept the vidphone, appartment and cash-card from the lot I bought. Although I have some better quality versions of these cards, I decide to keep the ones from the lot inside the wallet. I just cut out the velvet flap that covers the left window (where the ID card was). I did keep the flap itself to put on top of the badge when I close the wallet for storage, so the badge does not get scratched / scratches the windowed piece of the wallet.

So here some pics of the finished wallet + contents:

Blade Runner Waller 01.jpg Blade Runner Waller 03.jpg

Close-up of the badge

Blade Runner Waller 02.jpg Blade Runner Waller 04.jpg

And some picttures of the closed wallet (not much to see about that, but just to be complete)

Blade Runner Waller 05.jpg Blade Runner Waller 06.jpg

Awesome! I am also right in the middle of collecting the pieces. Have a few badges incoming that I won on eBay and an ID card. I have been searching for a wallet for a while, like an obsessed, haha! :)

Glad to see you make it this far. It looks great.

Awesome! I am also right in the middle of collecting the pieces. Have a few badges incoming that I won on eBay and an ID card. I have been searching for a wallet for a while, like an obsessed, haha! :)

Glad to see you make it this far. It looks great.
If your badge is the same as mine in shape, just look on eBay for a "LAPD badge wallet". They are not that expensive. Personally I prefer a trifold one, but you can also go for a bifold...

Very nice indeed and great to see my money there as well.
Yeah, these bills are awesome. I've seen quite some "off world money" but the design of your money is the best. Thanks for making these available for everybody. I also used your ammo box as addition to my blaster. Still need to create your blaster manual, but need to find some good paper to print the cover...

Yeah, these bills are awesome. I've seen quite some "off world money" but the design of your money is the best. Thanks for making these available for everybody. I also used your ammo box as addition to my blaster. Still need to create your blaster manual, but need to find some good paper to print the cover...

Thank you for your kind words mate. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts...

Thank you for your kind words mate. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts...

Is your money still available Mark ? I searched some old threads and saw you had to take them down due to various internet douchebaggery. . .

I have the same sort of wallet and would love to add some bills.

20170607_190834.jpg

Is your money still available Mark ? I searched some old threads and saw you had to take them down due to various internet douchebaggery. . .

I have the same sort of wallet and would love to add some bills.

View attachment 749148

Regrettably not at this stage and I am sorry. It incensed me that something I donated to the community was so badly exploited and in the end the folk who miss out are good people like you - the very people I gifted the money to in the first place.

That said, in a couple of weeks I am going to investigate printing very high-quality notes and if successful, I will consider making them available in the store..

Regrettably not at this stage and I am sorry. It incensed me that something I donated to the community was so badly exploited and in the end the folk who miss out are good people like you - the very people I gifted the money to in the first place.

That said, in a couple of weeks I am going to investigate printing very high-quality notes and if successful, I will consider making them available in the store..

That's too bad. I would certainly be interested in paying for finished notes and look forward to that. Cheers.

Best news all day!

Great news!

I would also be interested in a few, if you would offer these (also as a thanks for making the paper props available in the past).

TomVDJ - do you happen to recall what badge model you used for the Perfect Fit wallet? I have the same badge you do but am having a hard time ensuring I get the right cut out shape. Thanks for any guidance you can provide, you've got a great looking wallet set there!

As TomVDJ said above you want to look for the "LAPD badge wallet" . The Blade Runner badge is an almost duplicate for the Los Angeles Police badge so anything that fits would fit the Blade Runner badge.

Yep, as AJK001 said, the LAPD badge wallet is the one to go for. I personally like the trifold version. In the screencaps of the wallet, it's also clear that it's a trifold where one part covers up the badge (if there is any to begin with):

2044c9f405f302f87ecca6664d29e47--blade-runner-kino.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back