Blade Runner Gun

Superman3029

I'm new to the RPF. But heard this a great place to get answers for prop building. I just recently watch Blade Runner. The prop that stood out to me is the gun. I would like to build my own, however money is tight so I can't afford to the original parts. I want something with some weight to it. Does any know of a prop revolver or bb gun that I can use as the bass gun to build off. I would like to keeping the cost of the bass gun at $150.00 or less. Also can any point me in the direction of good reference pictures so I can see what the other parts look like. If you have any suggestions of how to make these parts I'm open to learning.

I'm new to the RPF. But heard this a great place to get answers for prop building. I just recently watch Blade Runner. The prop that stood out to me is the gun. I would like to build my own, however money is tight so I can't afford to the original parts. I want something with some weight to it. Does any know of a prop revolver or bb gun that I can use as the bass gun to build off. I would like to keeping the cost of the bass gun at $150.00 or less. Also can any point me in the direction of good reference pictures so I can see what the other parts look like. If you have any suggestions of how to make these parts I'm open to learning.

Welcome and good luck in your quest. This build is complicated and not for the feint-hearted so, I hope it goes well for you.

The best place to get info on every aspect of the blaster is Propsummit - http://www.propsummit.com

Looking forward to following your progress.

MARK

Thank you letting me know about the website. I will check it out, and hope I can find the parts and information that I need to start my build.

I looked at http://www.propsummit.com. Unfortunately I'm not finding the information I need. As I said in my first post I'm looking for a low cost around $150.00 prop revolver or bb gun as the bass to start my build. I'm not looking for anything that can fire, that is why I'm ok with a bb gun. But I'm looking the exact or similar gun used in the movie but in a prop form or bb gun. I want it to have some weight. I have seen resin cast or kits on eBay. But I'm sure like most of you for me the fun is finding or making the part to building it myself. If anyone can help me find this first part, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your help.

The blaster is a combination of a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special and the receiver of a Steyr Mannlicher SL .222 rifle.

If you search like crazy through a couple of years you may find a Kanamaru Charter Arms .44 Bulldog Airsoft on eBay, but don't get your hopes up.

s-l1000.jpg

And a Japanese company called CAW put out a plug-fire Bulldog some time ago....

Both models are mentioned in threads here and on Propsummit.

Last edited:
For that kind of money I would start with a good resin kit (rgriesbeck in here makes an excellent detailed one with moving parts) and add some weight to it with metal replacement parts or just ballast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen this or one like it?
PRICE £ 235.00Item No. PFCGRO06
Service wood grip version grip (see Pictures) **Note** SOLD OUT** Awaiting more stock!
PRICE £ 215.00Item No. PFCGRO07

To get one of those you will have to be a UK resident, over 18 years old and have a valid UKARA registration as a member of a re-enactment group, or skirmishing site, or be a film/tv/theatre production. Otherwise you are in contravention of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 and can recieve a custodial sentence for posession of a realistic imitation firearm.
I know because I have one and jumped through many hoops to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want just to say thank you for everyone's input and feedback. I'm still searching for the first part I need. I will post my progress once I get started.

Update: I found on the RPF some used a wingun 701s full metal co2 powered revolver from evike. I checked and is available and in my price range. I just need to find out the length of the original gun and fine one that matches. This has made my day/night. I just once again thank everyone for their help and suggestions.

Hi everyone,* so I have ran in a small problem with my blade runner build. The airsoft gun that found comes in two colors, Black and chrome. Looking at picture I'm not sure what is the correct color for revolver used for the original prop. In some of the pictures it looks chrome and others black. Can anyone tell if 190mm x 120mm is correct or close to the dimensions of the original gun used. As I move forward with my build I know I'm going to need help find other parts to make my gun look like the one from the movie. Any suggestions for keyword(s) I should us while I search here any other forums.

If you start your build based on a wingun 701 revolver, you're going to have issues all the way through the build, and you're buying yourself headaches you don't need.

These mainly have to do with installing a second trigger, and prepping the frame for drilling and tapping. Installing the new (presumably scratch built) trigger guard will also present you with challenges, as the front is installed using the charter arms already present screw hole. Creating this screw hole on a design based on a smith and wesson revolver, as opposed to a charter arms revolver is gonna' be a big huge pain in the butt.

Many folks have been where you are now. We're here for ya. My advice is your first step is picking up the correct base gun., or a base gun you can work with. If you don't care if it fires, then I suggest you seek out a raw kit.

The Dan Wessons by Win Gun won't work as their cylinders are too big being six shot. Charter Arms bulldog is five. HWS used to sell conversion kits for the Marushin and Tanaka M36/M60 which are five shot .38spl. While the kits are long gone, Marushin and Tanaka still make and sell the revolvers. Your best bet is to get a 3" M36/M60 (roughly $120 for a Marushin, $200 for a Tanaka) and modify those pre-order water guns ($60 on eBay) to house it.

Last edited:
Why not just get the 3d printed version rgriesbek sells in a kit form. You could add epoxy mixed with bbs inside some spaces for weight. The kit is very well done and has moving parts.

I tried looking up the kits was mentioned but I couldn't kind it or maybe I'm searching for it wrong.

I saw this on ebay. Blade Runner PKD Movie Pistol Replica Prop Gun Model Resin Kit Deckard Blaster. Does anyone know if this is a good replica?

I'm also interest in an airsoft replica of the gun that it could try making modifications to if need. But again my current price rang is $215.00-$225.00.

Please let me know if anyone has any information about either one or both.
Thank you everyone for your feedback and suggestions.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back